« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Wheres my car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
taztastic

England 
Wheres my car?

Arrived back from Majorca at lunch time, car due today, rang the dealers.......seems they are all on a jolly, no-one seems to know if they have had a delivery today?

Its worse than waiting for a loved one to come back from threatre Laughing

Hopefully, after all these posts, I will be able to hold my head high this week and proudly state "I have a Freelander" Thumbs Up

Watch this space..............tbc

Post #110369 16th Aug 2011 5:20 pm
taztastic

England 

No news....No one at dealers seems to know whats happening, sales man or sales manager not responding to my calls or e-mails, my Land Rover adventure seems to be turning sour before I get the damn thing. Sad

Ordered in April, paid deposit and now they go quiet on me, delivery was down to be yesterday?

Has anyone heard of any delays in the system? I just hope there is not going to be a shortage of parts because they are fulfilling Evoque orders.

Post #110413 17th Aug 2011 12:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Doesn't sound good, I would bang on the table for an answer of some description Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110414 17th Aug 2011 12:48 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Chatting to my dealer today, he is selling a new sd4 zermatt silver fl2, he says it just arrived out of the blue on a transporter so he is selling it to the highest bidder At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #110416 17th Aug 2011 12:52 pm
taztastic

England 

Censored Censored Laughing

Post #110417 17th Aug 2011 12:54 pm
milom

Germany 

npinks wrote:
Doesn't sound good, I would bang on the table for an answer of some description Confused

Good call. Its not on - you deserve information "I'm on the road to nowhere"

Post #110419 17th Aug 2011 12:57 pm
taztastic

England 

Oh well, I asked again and requested an answer, much phone holding and was told the lady in admin would have an answer by 3 o'clock as she was leaving at 3.
Its now 4 o'clock...have I heard anything.....have I Censored

Post #110428 17th Aug 2011 4:05 pm
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I would phone up and tell them you want cancel the order, that will get them moving. It is very poor customer service, where have you brought it from ?

Post #110432 17th Aug 2011 4:52 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

If you have order details, I'm not sure but maybe James at LPR could shed some light Idea

If not an appointment with the dealer principle Thumbs Up

Either way when it arrives use a fine tooth comb and check it over, the delay could be due to them needing to resprayed a bit of damage, I have heard that senario before after a unexplained delay Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110433 17th Aug 2011 4:58 pm
taztastic

England 

I will hold off with the cancel for now, it just gauls me that no-one seems to be able to answer a simple question.
It may not be the dealer at fault, so I will refrain from slating them, On Monday the computer was saying delivery 16th, since then everyone seems to have clammed up.

Yes it is poor, I have explained I need to know as next week I have over 1200 miles to travel, I cannot cancel appointments, it is my livelyhood. If the car will be delayed I simply need to know then I can make alternative and expensive, arrangements.

The thing that is making me nervous, is that an Evoque purchaser jumping up and down will get precedence over a Freelander purchaser, to LR the stakes are higher, the new model must go out, I wonder, if my car is sat waiting for parts, because more evoques need rolling out.

It's been 17 weeks since I placed the order, I have a deadline in mind and then we will see............ Evil or Very Mad

Post #110435 17th Aug 2011 5:12 pm
taztastic

England 

npinks wrote:
If you have order details, I'm not sure but maybe James at LPR could shed some light Idea

Either way when it arrives use a fine tooth comb and check it over, the delay could be due to them needing to resprayed a bit of damage, I have heard that senario before after a unexplained delay

Hmm, I know, I have done it myself, when I was 18, I used to clean new Mercs at weekends for pocket money during college, blasting down the road was easier than the wash leather. Unfortunately, forgetting to put the bonnet down correctly is a mistake, especially on a Merc, as when the bonnet bent, the star hit the sunroof Embarassed

Post #110436 17th Aug 2011 5:20 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

taztastic wrote:
npinks wrote:

Either way when it arrives use a fine tooth comb and check it over, the delay could be due to them needing to resprayed a bit of damage, I have heard that senario before after a unexplained delay

Hmm, I know, I have done it myself, when I was 18, I used to clean new Mercs at weekends for pocket money during college, blasting down the road was easier than the wash leather. Unfortunately, forgetting to put the bonnet down correctly is a mistake, especially on a Merc, as when the bonnet bent, the star hit the sunroof Embarassed

OUCH.......That's classic lol. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #110463 17th Aug 2011 11:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
parallax33

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

TT, hope you hear more tomorrow. Don't like waiting either... Big Cry

Want to see plenty of pics when she arrives Thumbs Up 2012 DISCOVERY 4 GS AUTO ORKNEY GREY
2012 FREELANDER 2 SD4 GS AUTO BALTIC BLUE - GONE
2011 FREELANDER 2 TD4 GS MANUAL BALI BLUE - GONE

Post #110464 17th Aug 2011 11:39 pm
taztastic

England 

Finally getting somewhere. Rolling Eyes

Managed to get through to the sales manager this morning, he has spoken with the factory and established that the car has cleared assembly and is in the delivery chain.
Scheduled for next Thursday 25th, but have been told as its a sole unit, it may change? hmm, 35 miles from Halewood to Dealer, the moon may be easier.

Still, fingers crossed I get it before Bank Holiday weekend, that would be good. Whistle

Post #110485 18th Aug 2011 11:29 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:

Saw a new car transporter today with bits of trees and branches sticking out all over it, bet those FL2 need a bit of touching up before delivery Shocked so give them time to do it

Post #110527 18th Aug 2011 9:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>