Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > iPhone4 Movie Download - HELP!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

iPhone4 Movie Download - HELP!

Any iPhone4 supremo's on here?

Problem: yesterday her Ladyship said would I download all the pixs and movies she had on her iPhone4 onto my 10yr owd iBook. No problem I said - it will only take a short while. Then I opened her iPhone to discover 587 pixs and 64 movies Shocked

After creating an iPhone Movie and iPhone Pixs folders especially for her in her partition on my iBook I had finished downloading all the files except 1 by 03:00hrs this Sunday morning. Twisted Evil

However the 1 remaining file steadfastly refused to come onboard via the USB port. So I thought I'd email the blighter to my mail account. No that did not work as the iPhone reported that the file was too large to attach to an email file. Neutral

This one movie is special to her and she does not want to loose it so I seek a solution to the transfer problem. The size of the movie is 1.2GB and runs for 16 minutes. I told her not ever to make a long film again on a 'phone but to use a real movie camera.

So can anyone on here help with a tip or trick.

Post #110200 14th Aug 2011 12:09 pm
taztastic

England 

If the file is on the micro SD card, take it out and use a USB adapter straight into the laptop?

Post #110202 14th Aug 2011 12:37 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

when i transfer movies on my PC i goto the folder contacting it on the iphone and drag it in the chosen folder on the PC, I did it this way and got a 30 minute long movie once Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110204 14th Aug 2011 12:49 pm
athelstan

taztastic wrote:
If the file is on the micro SD card, take it out and use a USB adapter straight into the laptop?

Presently using the USB adapter and it is not doing the job. Sad

Post #110205 14th Aug 2011 1:02 pm
athelstan

npinks wrote:
when i transfer movies on my PC i goto the folder contacting it on the iphone and drag it in the chosen folder on the PC, I did it this way and got a 30 minute long movie once

That's what I've tried and it is not having any of it - all the other shorter movies came over with no problem Confused

Post #110206 14th Aug 2011 1:04 pm
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I guess you are trying to import via iPhoto without any luck? As that's the usual way of importing photos and videos.**

If that is not working then try this:

Plug iPhone into the computer via the USB cable supplied.

Search in your "Applications" folder for a program called "Image Capture"

This will show all the iPhone images and videos in a window.

Search for the little critter and drag it onto you Desktop. A green "+" sign should show up when you drag it onto the desktop.

Et Viola. You have made a copy which you can drop into iPhoto or wherever you like to put it! Smile

Cross fingers this works!

Now, back back to watching the MotoGP Cool

** Just thought. You cannot be using iPhoto as you need Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later. ie: An Intel based Mac for this.
Hopefully you have Image Capture - just not sure when they introduced that software to the system.

Anyone else with a Mac can also use Image Capture to delete photos from the iPhone. It's much quicker than deleting them one-by-one on the iphone Wink

Post #110207 14th Aug 2011 1:28 pm
athelstan

AiiEEX and et al

Thanks for all your inputs - appreciated. Tried all suggestions and still no joy - just could not understand why this was not working. Then the light bulb came on Idea

My iBook is over 10yrs old and as such lacks the mega capacity of today's models, for example even her Ladyship's iPhone 4 has a great hard disk capacity than my dear owd iBook Exclamation

So I've just checked the free space on my hard disk and it is less than 900MB Whistle So I've just tried to download the movie direct onto my external "safe" which is Lacie 500GB storage device via the owd iBook G4 - still no joy. I suspect that it cannot channel the data to the Lacie due to only having that 900MB free space and the movie is a data file of 1.2GB.

Hence then need to buy that new 2TB iMac (next job today place that order - just seen online Apple Store 2-3weeks lead time for delivery here in CH) so I'm not going to see the MotoGP Big Cry

Now her Ladyship has just popped her head into my study and has said: "order me an AirBook 13" as well whilst you're at it". Sometimes she pushes my gentle spirit to the brink Evil or Very Mad

Post #110209 14th Aug 2011 2:05 pm
AiiEEX

athelstan wrote:
Now her Ladyship has just popped her head into my study and has said: "order me an AirBook 13" as well whilst you're at it". Sometimes she pushes my gentle spirit to the brink Evil or Very Mad

... or she's fed up waiting for you to copy her files across she is going to do it herself from now on Whistle

A file should still copy across to the external HD regardless of the memory on the computer.. but who cares now... a new Super Mac will be arriving on your doorstep soon!!!!!! Very Happy

When you do get your new Mac, my suggestion would be to use the 500Gb drive for Time Machine (an automatic back-up software that comes with the system). You don't need a matching 2Tb drive (unless you have 2Tb of Data to start with which would be highly unlikely).

Post #110210 14th Aug 2011 2:27 pm
parallax33

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Download the iMovie app and transfer it into there. Edit and then save as a new movie file. It should then transfer across and you can delete the original. 2012 DISCOVERY 4 GS AUTO ORKNEY GREY
2012 FREELANDER 2 SD4 GS AUTO BALTIC BLUE - GONE
2011 FREELANDER 2 TD4 GS MANUAL BALI BLUE - GONE

Post #110211 14th Aug 2011 2:38 pm
athelstan

parallax33 wrote:
Download the iMovie app and transfer it into there. Edit and then save as a new movie file. It should then transfer across and you can delete the original.

That's a grand idea - so I'm leaving a little note on her desk in her study to do so. Now I stand back and wait for the fireworks tonight when she gets off duty - she'll probably deliberately blunt one of her scalpels and slash my thorax.........

Post #110259 15th Aug 2011 8:10 am
parallax33

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Good luck with that Exclamation

Thumbs Up 2012 DISCOVERY 4 GS AUTO ORKNEY GREY
2012 FREELANDER 2 SD4 GS AUTO BALTIC BLUE - GONE
2011 FREELANDER 2 TD4 GS MANUAL BALI BLUE - GONE

Post #110260 15th Aug 2011 8:20 am
athelstan

AiiEEX wrote:
athelstan wrote:

... or she's fed up waiting for you to copy her files across she is going to do it herself from now on Whistle

A file should still copy across to the external HD regardless of the memory on the computer.. but who cares now... a new Super Mac will be arriving on your doorstep soon!!!!!! Very Happy

When you do get your new Mac, my suggestion would be to use the 500Gb drive for Time Machine (an automatic back-up software that comes with the system). You don't need a matching 2Tb drive (unless you have 2Tb of Data to start with which would be highly unlikely).

If only she would do her own downloads and medical presentations for the lectures she gives Rolling Eyes

Our daughter is 7 and I am thinking that when I pass on to her my old iBook to start her on the road to computing as soon as our new Macs arrive (more on that next) that her mum will probably ask her do her downloads and presentations Shocked

Re the new Mac's - jumped online to Apple Switzerland to build an order: iMac 27" 2TB and 13" MacBook Air plus 2TB Time Capsule plus Protection Plans and iWork and new printer and Thunderbolt cables. No multi purchase discount, no one on their customer service hotline (it's Sunday) no medical profession rebate and 2-3 weeks delivery lead time. Evil or Very Mad

Nevertheless I printed out the "shopping trolly list. Then I had another Idea light bulb moment.

Phoned Apple International Sales - spoke to a decent chap called Darragh. Result is that a) yes he'll develop a discount contract, b) no DO NOT buy that printer at the moment as it is not yet configured with the new OSX Lion "drivers" (then why does Apple CH sell it to accompany new Mac sales Exclamation - they shouldn't he said ) and c) iLife is pre installed on new model Macs so no need to buy (then why does Apple CH sell it to accompany new Mac sales Exclamation - they shouldn't he said) d) Thunderbolt cables are on back order - probably 3 week delay so strip them out of order and ship latter so that your 2 Macs can be configured in 48hrs and then shipped. AirBooks come from different factory to iMac's. e) Thunderbolt cables shipped FOC later when next in stock. f) Contract offer will be emailed within the hour.

It was - and now her Ladyship is pondering on her specification for her AirBook, but that's no problem as his contract is valid for the next 14 days and it confirmed all he said plus a nice discount - all to be shipped FOC.

Once all this is concluded and everything arrives as it should etc etc I'll be only too happy to let anyone have Darragh's direct email and telephone contact number so that others may benefit from his transparency, knowledge and authority to negotiate a contract. Thumbs Up

Post #110261 15th Aug 2011 8:42 am
AiiEEX

A great result Thumbs Up

It'll feel like Christmas with all the "toys" coming your way. You'll just love the new iMac!

As OSX "Lion" is barely 1 month old, there will be teething problems/lack of updated software with various peripherals and external software.
But you are correct, Apple should not be selling products without at least some warning about this.

That's the main reason why I don't upgrade until the dust has settled, so to speak. Obviously, buying a new computer you don't get the choice.

Post #110270 15th Aug 2011 11:38 am
athelstan

Yes good point made AiiEEX re the fact that Lion is just 1 mth old and there's bound to be the odd teething problem.

However, I do believe that Lion's potential lack of roar when some of it's teeth need dentistry will be well offset by the lack of "grumble" from her Ladyship as she experiments with the liberty her MacBook Air will give her. And, I can bury my head in oblivion saying: "Sorry dear, up to my neck getting to grip with the jaws of the beastly Lion. Come back when I've tamed the beggar on the iMac."

Well at least I hope that excuse releases me from her "claws". Whistle

Post #110277 15th Aug 2011 2:31 pm
dunroof

If you are looking for a prog to transfer DVD's, movies on laptops etc to an Apple, try www.cucusoft.com. They have the applications.

Post #111815 1st Sep 2011 8:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>