Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Evoque Experience Day.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Evoque Experience Day.

I recieved an email from LR a few weeks ago regarding an Experience Day with the RR Evoque but never bothered with it but last week decided to call them & they booked me in at a place in West Berkshire on September the 10th for a V.I.P day.

Anyone else got an invite? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #109782 9th Aug 2011 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Have you still got the phone number ?

Post #109787 9th Aug 2011 11:42 pm
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

Evoque Unleashed is the event,

I'm booked in for Cardiff next tuesday. Its split up into a drive on roads, a buffet and then simulate off road driving by playing on Land Rover's Terrapod.

Hope its a nice afternoon out.

Post #109806 10th Aug 2011 10:30 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Very keen to know if a phone number becomes available too!

Post #109846 10th Aug 2011 3:06 pm
The Valeter

0800 655 6140 (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #109919 10th Aug 2011 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Thanks, I shall be straight on the phone this morning!

Post #109924 11th Aug 2011 6:03 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately, it only really works if you've already received an invitation.

However, I'm now on the reserve list for one of their events, so fingers crossed! Very Happy

Post #109933 11th Aug 2011 9:55 am
Red FR

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Evoque Experience Day

I spoke to LR on above number today and was told there was availability tomorrow and Saturday for Manchester and 24/25 Aug for Nottingham, formal invite not required.

Post #109988 11th Aug 2011 6:48 pm
j77

Scotland 

I've ordered one and couldn't get a space Evil or Very Mad. Have to wait until the 8th September when customers who have ordered get to view the car before it's official sale day on the 9th. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #110121 12th Aug 2011 9:14 pm
2herring

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana

Not ordered a RRE as just got my FL2 but still have an invite to the launch by my local dealer at the fantastic new Amex Stadium in Brighton. Not sure what I am looking forward to seeing more, the car or the stadium!! Premier League here we come. Thumbs Up

Post #110129 12th Aug 2011 9:37 pm
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

Well I had my Evouke event yesterday. Its a good afternoon to get to know the car.

After a quick chat, we had a choice of petrol or diesel and 3/5 door evoukes. A route was set in the satnav and we were allowed out on our own. It was 24miles and take roughly 40-50mins. I was in the SD4 diesel dynamic. Its a lovely car, lots of room and very luxurious. Felt very robust and held the road well. It is pretty nippy, and once up to speed it has loads of power. Flappy paddles were pants, I really didn't get on with them, the car wouldn't change gear when i wanted to. Size wise, it is smaller than the FL2, its more like a small VW tiguan, kuga size. At traffic lights I actually was alongside a FL2 and it looks so much bigger.

Boot space is pretty good, plenty of room in there, although the seats do fold down they don't go flat. Everybody did agree the 5door is the better model. I tried getting into the back of the 3 door, the front seat really is very slow in moving forward and getting back into position.

Terrapod - it was ok, but I wasn't allowed to use HDC properly and had to override it with the foot brake , coming down the ramps the instructor explained that there's not enough room to let HDC work Confused hmm I wasn't convinced. It seems a capable car and could handle going off road. The LRE guys thought it was as good as the FL2 and maybe in some situations can be better than the FL2.

Would I have one over a freelander ? hmmm ummm If i was given an evouke then wohoo, if i was paying with my own money, I'm really not sure, the FL2 is a great car and the evouke is just a bling'd up version with some extra toys.

Post #110400 17th Aug 2011 9:52 am
The Valeter

Went on our Unleashed Day yesterday & drove the petrol Turbo version which is what I will have if fortunes change as expected before Christmas & wow it's fabulous, stick it in dynamic & sports mode & it handles really well indeed all round & corners like a sports car. Love the display that turns red when dynamic mode is selected.
Sat in the back & imo plenty of room indeed for even the taller of us. Very well equipped indeed when compared to the FL2 for not a huge difference in cost.
Lots of different models/colours to view at the venue though all the Dynamics had the optional £3000 seat/leather pack which I really can't see the value for money in that despite me liking lots of options & toys.

Not sure what the black tinted thing is on the headlining by the rear view mirror/lamp cluster.

All round it is a very nice package indeed & I would have one tomorrow if possible.

On a different note I believe all those Evoque's used on these events end up as tin cans if the person at LR I spoke to the other day is to be believed Sad So presumably these are Pre-Production vehicles? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #112739 11th Sep 2011 2:31 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

They are finalised vehicles EV but LR don't pay tax on them, they're used as development/test mules. I see plenty of them around Coventry being driven by LR staff who just put miles on them to see if issues arise, even after the vehicle is on sale. But as they don't pay tax they aren't allowed to be sold Sad Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #112997 13th Sep 2011 4:36 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I dont pay tax either so you cant sell me Cool At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #112999 13th Sep 2011 5:11 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

OK I'll bite, what's with the yorkshire puddings?............................don't say gravy.

Post #113000 13th Sep 2011 5:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>