« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Stuck on a hill in his Volvo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
Stuck on a hill in his Volvo

Had my brother round yesterday, after a weekend camping at Eskdale Campsite he set off home in his Volvo XC60, with a weekends worth of camping gear in it he headed back across Wrynose and Hardknott pass and home

He said the weather was torrential rain and sections of the road were like waterfalls, then he told me of his mishap

There is a section on there which is a S shape very steep section and he approached it and went up in 2nd, only to stall the car when he had to down shift, trying to start on the hill he just couldn't get any grip at all and just wheel spun, trying to dip the clutch to gain traction just made it smell, so he had to reverse and take a run up in first to the top, which he also got the DSC kicking in

he then uttered the immortal words "I wish I had a 4x4 like yours then"

He also said anybody who was planning a camping trip in the area, then you should consider the camping ground that the forum member "Eskdale" owns "Eskdale Camping and Caravan Club site" said it was a great location, great facilities and a pub just down the road. I don't think they accept caravans though due to access down the narrow roads but worth it if your the type to sleep on the floor under canvas Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #108085 19th Jul 2011 11:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1