Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Replacement Radio and DAB.... again!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NGT

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Replacement Radio and DAB.... again!

Hi All,

I have just purchased a second hand Freelander 2 HSE auto. It's a March 09 plate. When driving it home I could not pick a DAB signal or an AM signal. The FM worked fine. After reading a number of posts on here I resigned myself to the fact that it doesn't have DAB fitted as FM only scrolls between FM 1 and 2. I could select AM but it just scrolled through the Freq range continually and didn't pick up anything.

As it's still under warrenty I took it to the dealership this morning and they said the radio was faulty as AM just didn't work. I asked about the DAB, as like a lot of other people on here, I had thought the HSE came with DAB as standard when reading the spec list. I was told it wasn't. I asked if I could upgrade the radio and pay the difference as it was being replaced anyway but I was told that it could not be done at all as the car wasn't capable of receiving a DAB signal. I was also told I could put the VIN number in the Land Rover website to check what is available on the car.. I looked around the website but couldn't find anything.

I just want to check that this is the case? As the radio is being changed anyway I want to make sure I'm not missing the opportunity for DAB?

thanks,

NGT

Post #107320 8th Jul 2011 9:53 pm
ad210358

England 

Not 100% sure on the year but I think DAB became standard opn the HSE in MY2010 other than that it was an option. You can try a search on here but it is not a simple thing to upgrade. It would appear after FM1 and FM2 if it doesn't it is not fitted. Thumbs Up

Post #107321 8th Jul 2011 10:20 pm
pressureman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

I suspect the aerial amplifier is not fitted as standard without the DAB radio. I believe it is above the left rear side window, in the roof lining. While playing about with an add-on DAB unit, I connected the aerial input to the connector on the left rear window and achieved pretty good reception (without an amp). I'm not sure how this would pan out in everyday use but DAB transmitters are becoming more plentiful. Fitting LR DAB as an upgrade should be quite achievable but an unreasonably high cost just to listen to a few extra programmes. My main reason for add-on DAB is the on-screen broadcast info but finding somewhere within easy line of sight from driving position (and not from outside!!) is proving quite a challenge.

Post #107336 9th Jul 2011 10:48 am
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand
Re: Replacement Radio and DAB.... again!

NGT wrote:
Hi All,

I asked if I could upgrade the radio and pay the difference as it was being replaced anyway but I was told that it could not be done at all as the car wasn't capable of receiving a DAB signal.

Apart from the radio unit, there's a DAB amplifier and aerial fitted at roof level roughly above the rear seats, so I'd expect the stealer is correct. Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #107356 9th Jul 2011 4:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1