Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Euromillions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I will use my share to start a ban the van campaign , donations from people keen to use the roads will pour in and I will double my money At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #106349 28th Jun 2011 5:11 pm
athelstan

I do not wish to be a spoil sport but this is important:

Unless the ticket has been set up as a "Syndicate Ticket" with Camelot Euromillions then:

1:Those, other than the ticket holder (i.e. purchaser) will have to pay capital gains on their winnings. If however the ticket has been purchased on behalf of a registered syndicate then none of the ticket "named holders" will have to pay Capital Gains Tax on their share of any winnings.

2:Only those who are permanently resident in the UK at the time of the purchase of the syndicate ticket will be legally entitled to their share of the winnings - that means just as an example on this thread that "zone30" would not get a penny from Camelot Euromillons UK if this ticket won.

3: Finally, unless the ticket has been purchased by a registered syndicate then Camelot Euromillions UK have no legal obligation to pay any winnings to anyone other than the ticket holder. If for any reason the ticket holder refuses to pay any amount over to the other individuals within this "gentleman's agreement" then they alone will have to fund litigation to recover any financial claims against the ticket holder. This litigation could prove to be a very expensive and take a very long time to reach any conclusion under law.

Other than that I wish you all the very best of luck and the good sense to establish a "syndicate ticket" with Camelot. Thumbs Up

Post #106366 28th Jun 2011 7:17 pm
taztastic

England 

Athelstan... Evil or Very Mad

With £112 million we can make things happen.

The syndicate DOES NOT need to be registered, it requires a witnessed syndicate agreement, this of course is not an issue Whistle I have it here!!

Good luck chaps, maybe we can have a Freel2 party with scones!!

Post #106367 28th Jun 2011 7:33 pm
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I'm in a syndicate at a company I used to work at years ago. Every week an email is sent to all participants reminding them of the terms and confirming who is paid up. More than adequate to prove the existence of a syndicate.

Oh, and it's IHT, not Capital Gains that's the issue - so a potential tax bill should the ticket purchaser die, not a definite one on the win.

Inland Revenue would find their offices on fire if they went after a huge win in this way - I would be very surprised if they were stupid enough to go after a syndicate. It would be a Guy Fawkes moment for every Sun reader in the country. Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #106371 28th Jun 2011 7:41 pm
razmabaz

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I'll bring the jam and cream then! Freelander 1 TD4 HSE - gone, 2 weeks after the Cat.Converter!
Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto MY08 - Santorini black

Post #106372 28th Jun 2011 7:42 pm
R1JIM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Sumatra Black

how many others have done this set of numbers ???? could be very interesting Whistle Whistle TO DARE IS TO DO

Post #106383 28th Jun 2011 8:57 pm
R1JIM

chicken george wrote:
I will use my share to start a ban the van campaign , donations from people keen to use the roads will pour in and I will double my money

with my share of the jackpot i will def support your campaign !!!! more importantly i will buy you a fleet of proper british built blue tractors Thumbs Up TO DARE IS TO DO

Post #106386 28th Jun 2011 9:00 pm
taztastic

England 

R1JIM wrote:
how many others have done this set of numbers ???? could be very interesting Whistle Whistle

1 ticket, 6 people? Why interesting?

Post #106388 28th Jun 2011 9:08 pm
R1JIM

because anyone looking on here could see the ticket and gone online and done the same set of numbers , there could now be hundreds of winning tickets Thumbs Up TO DARE IS TO DO

Post #106389 28th Jun 2011 9:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Well it could be split between any other ticket holders, it's a lottery so anything is possible Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #106390 28th Jun 2011 9:19 pm
taztastic

England 

R1JIM wrote:
because anyone looking on here could see the ticket and gone online and done the same set of numbers , there could now be hundreds of winning tickets Thumbs Up

Then we wish them the same luck as we wish for ourselves Mr. Green

Post #106395 28th Jun 2011 9:37 pm
taztastic

England 

Oh well, back to work Big Cry

Post #106398 28th Jun 2011 10:15 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

taztastic wrote:
Oh well, back to work Big Cry

Thanks for the entertainment Thumbs Up 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #106403 28th Jun 2011 10:48 pm
athelstan

Gentlemen
As I said I my original post -(or to put it another way) - I have no desire to pi** on anyones fire - but:

NoDo$H
The IR will treat any monies given to the other ticket holders as a gift, a "capital gain" (and that's what it will be if the "syndicate" cannot be legally corroborated regardless of how the members have defined the syndicate themselves) when the "Ticket Holder" passes on a share(s) of the winnings to other folks. They (the other winners) are liable within the current tax year for CGT. Inheritance Tax only comes into play when the estate of the deceased is in probate. Hopefully the "Ticket Holder" will not die immediately following the announcement of ticket being a winner. It is therefore essential to ensure that if you are a member of a syndicate that that membership is legally defensible.

Tazastic
In the very early days of the UK National Lottery there were a number of incidents of friends etc holding shares of a single ticket. The only signature on the back of the printed ticket (before the days when you could play on-line) on occasion proved to be only the person that purchased the ticket and no other. This led to the "other members" having to provide legally verifiable proof that they had indeed fiscally contributed to the purchase price of the ticket i.e the winning ticket was a syndicated purchase. Many failed. HMIR collected their CGT. This prompted the Lottery Commissioners to instruct Camelot to issue their "Syndicate Guide" (revised many times since and can be accessed on the Camelot website.) Registered Player and Witnessed may indeed become a contested issue at the wrong time if not done to the satisfaction of Camelot, HMIR and the Law Courts.It is however very simply to establish a verifiable syndicate to satisfy any party - Camelot's guide is a good starting point.

-o0o-

Finally re my original third comment; only in the last few months have Camelot changed the rules regarding "Overseas Players". It is now not possible to play outside of the UK on Camelot's UK National Lottery or Euromiillions website. If the ticket was purchased outside of the UK they will not pay out any winnings regardless of whether you are a UK National, or, normally resident in the UK but on holiday when you bought the ticket locally.

Hence my initial comments were made only to avoid any tears when those winning numbers match the lottery ticket in your possession. At such a time it should be just pure joy for all concerned. Best of Luck.

Post #106478 29th Jun 2011 11:21 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

When we win, don't forget to take out the £2.00 inlay before dividing it up Mr. Green

PS I don't mind paying taxes on my share if need be...

112,000,000.00 - 2.00 = 111,999,998,00
divided by 6 = 18,666,666,33

without the taxes, should still be plenty left Laughing

You may even drop the 33 cents on my share!

Post #106483 29th Jun 2011 11:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>