Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Reduced engine performace at 4000rpm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue

I had the same problem with my 2 year old GS. Reduced engine performance which led me to call out LR assist and the engineer quickly pulled out the fuel filter which according to him was breaking up with small particles falling out of it. New fuel filter replaced under warranty and all was well after that. MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE - MY11 TD4 HSE LAGO GREY Privacy Glass

GONE- 08 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 07 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 04 Silver

Post #105688 20th Jun 2011 7:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

hi trawlerman 66 nice to see you chose the best colour that landrover ever done i have one the same but mine is the xs and has been in dealer with fault on it now in a green hse hire car Big Cry

ps watch out for the anti chrome a Censored se brigade they hang about in yokshire Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter rainy-city
xs

Post #106027 25th Jun 2011 7:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

Exclamation rainy-city
xs

Post #106035 25th Jun 2011 8:57 am
EYorkshire

Exclamation Question

Post #106051 25th Jun 2011 4:18 pm
vantech1

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

had same complaint on a 07 plate at work replaced fuel filter and now runs fine 60,000 miles Very Happy vantech1

Post #143409 18th May 2012 1:22 pm
slp

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Barolo Black
P0087 fuel rail pressure too low

HI I知 new to this forum and my problem is I have a freelander 2 2011 SDE GS model only 8000 miles on it when I import it from UK to Sri Lanka. When I was driving yesterday about 50mph I press the gas paddle so fast since I had to over take another vehicle. Suddenly Engine amber light came and gave the msg "Reduced engine performance" so can't go over 4000rpm engine slow down. But vehicle don't get stop. But can drive if you drive around 50-60mph. also currently we have a problem in the country that bad quality diesel everywhere due to government has imported some low cost fuel from somewhere. Any way I took it to the LR dealer today. And they clean the Fuel filter but didn't change that coz I had it change at the time I was doing the service with same agent. But they did show me some black/dark dirty fuel as per them it was taken from fuel filter. So they clean the filter and did some internal cleaning too. Then did a test drive and same problem came on RPM 3000-4000. So now I left the vehicle at the LR agent to check everything. They also said they will bypass the fuel filter and give some new diesel to the system and will check the vehicle again.
So I知 waiting for a call from them.
So any techs here on the forum can give me some advice to take to the LR agent, some of the techs at LR also said could be the DPF filter, So I知 very worried that if the agent can fix this issue. I don稚 mind spending money but need to get this vehicle sort out. Coz this is the only one I have to run around.

Post #150383 6th Aug 2012 11:55 am
slp

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Barolo Black
Re: P0087 fuel rail pressure too low

slp wrote:
HI I知 new to this forum and my problem is I have a freelander 2 2011 SDE GS model only 8000 miles on it when I import it from UK to Sri Lanka. When I was driving yesterday about 50mph I press the gas paddle so fast since I had to over take another vehicle. Suddenly Engine amber light came and gave the msg "Reduced engine performance" so can't go over 4000rpm engine slow down. But vehicle don't get stop. But can drive if you drive around 50-60mph. also currently we have a problem in the country that bad quality diesel everywhere due to government has imported some low cost fuel from somewhere. Any way I took it to the LR dealer today. And they clean the Fuel filter but didn't change that coz I had it change at the time I was doing the service with same agent. But they did show me some black/dark dirty fuel as per them it was taken from fuel filter. So they clean the filter and did some internal cleaning too. Then did a test drive and same problem came on RPM 3000-4000. So now I left the vehicle at the LR agent to check everything. They also said they will bypass the fuel filter and give some new diesel to the system and will check the vehicle again.
So I知 waiting for a call from them.
So any techs here on the forum can give me some advice to take to the LR agent, some of the techs at LR also said could be the DPF filter, So I知 very worried that if the agent can fix this issue. I don稚 mind spending money but need to get this vehicle sort out. Coz this is the only one I have to run around.

sorry forgot to post the comment about what happen. ..got the vehicle back from Agent and cost me Rs 36000 due to Bad Fuel. now i pump gas from Laugh only.

Post #188758 23rd Jun 2013 2:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12