« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > NOT Happy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
RVG

Australia 

Hi fellas

I'm new to this and come into it as a prospective Freelander buyer. You have got me worried. I use a vehicle ffor general commuting and for going offroad to access fairly remote bushwalking tracks. I would also like to do some of the remote outback areas like the Simpson desert.

But if there are recurrent software problems some of which will stop the vehicle, I'm not sure that I should be looking at it, which is unfortunate given its good reviews and obvious ability.

Help!!

Should I wait until the software gets sorted out or go and buy a shortie Pajero?

Post #8490 13th Oct 2007 9:40 am
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

I wouldn't be too concerned. As with all things that have complicated electronics there will always be some issues. The people that have these issues will also be the most vocal and will most likely be the early adopters of new technology.

Saying that my FL2 will be in Australia in February and hopefully the Europeans can keep breaking theirs and work out the bugs. Every product needs beta testers, the D3 had early problems and it looks like the FL2 has a few as well.

Post #8491 13th Oct 2007 10:07 am
lardy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Rimini Red

Like all things - we are quick to talk about faults but less good at discussing how great they are. Yes some people have experienced problems but others havent. All cars from all maufacturers have some problems but dont let that put you off what is a stunning car and IMHO one of the best that Land Rover has ever built.

I have owned Mitsi's and Land Rover's and now have a Freelander 2 and there is absolutely no question that the Freelander wipes the floor with the Mitsi. If you are questioning reliability check out the Mitsi forums and you will see that they are not quite as you would expect of a Japanese car, furthermore Colt Cars attitude towards its customers makes LR customer service look like angels!

Apart from facelifting Mitsi havent updated there technology for years - its like driving tractors. Just go and test drive the freelander 2 and you will immediately see why they are so popular. Cool

Post #8493 13th Oct 2007 12:13 pm
mack

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

lardy wrote:
Like all things - we are quick to talk about faults but less good at discussing how great they are. Yes some people have experienced problems but others havent. All cars from all maufacturers have some problems but dont let that put you off what is a stunning car and IMHO one of the best that Land Rover has ever built.

I have owned Mitsi's and Land Rover's and now have a Freelander 2 and there is absolutely no question that the Freelander wipes the floor with the Mitsi. If you are questioning reliability check out the Mitsi forums and you will see that they are not quite as you would expect of a Japanese car, furthermore Colt Cars attitude towards its customers makes LR customer service look like angels!

Apart from facelifting Mitsi havent updated there technology for years - its like driving tractors. Just go and test drive the freelander 2 and you will immediately see why they are so popular. Cool
Well put Lardy, I have had my LR2 since May, 5000 miles and no prolems, much as it is informative to read of the problems that others are experiencing (forewarned is forarmed) I agree that there will allways there will always be a percentage of any car that develops a problem, particulary in the formative months of release. Never the less the faults reported on this forum, represent a fraction of the cars produced to date, same advice to any one considering a FL2, go test drive, you will be amazed, satisfied and smitten! Thumbs Up Mack

HSE TD4 Sumatra Black

Post #8508 13th Oct 2007 7:24 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Hello chaps, notice anything? Whistle

Post #8546 14th Oct 2007 10:39 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

uummmmmmmmmmmm.................did your little red car break down ? Idea Shocked

Thumbs Up Milestone Thumbs Up (fingers crossed)

Post #8547 15th Oct 2007 6:02 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Unbelievable! Well done NF! Thumbs Up Exclamation Very Happy

Post #8548 15th Oct 2007 6:53 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

NightFox wrote:

Your no longer against Caravans

Post #8549 15th Oct 2007 9:51 am
NightFox

YES! Finally got her back on Saturday after 4 weeks. The new "CJB" seems to have done the trick (for now, at least). Sounds like it could/should have been done much earlier as well, they tried fitting a new one of these in about the second week, but it didn't work. However, from what I can understand, the unit was sent by LR to the dealer specifically programmed to bring my car back to life, but the dealer wasn't aware of this, so before fitting it they re-formatted it from Testbook. But to be honest, it feels so fantastic to have my own car back that I just don't care - I reckon I'm even happier in it now than when I picked it up on Day 1.

Razz

Post #8558 15th Oct 2007 12:45 pm
NightFox

npinks wrote:
NightFox wrote:

Your no longer against Caravans

Incorrect. Completely and utterly incorrect.

Post #8559 15th Oct 2007 12:46 pm
Goldstone69

NightFox wrote:
YES! Finally got her back on Saturday after 4 weeks. The new "CJB" seems to have done the trick (for now, at least). Sounds like it could/should have been done much earlier as well, they tried fitting a new one of these in about the second week, but it didn't work. However, from what I can understand, the unit was sent by LR to the dealer specifically programmed to bring my car back to life, but the dealer wasn't aware of this, so before fitting it they re-formatted it from Testbook. But to be honest, it feels so fantastic to have my own car back that I just don't care - I reckon I'm even happier in it now than when I picked it up on Day 1.

Razz

Thumbs Up happy motoring (hope you got a grovelling apology!)

Post #8561 15th Oct 2007 12:56 pm
NightFox

LR and the dealer have informed me that they are talking measures to ensure that the scope for confusion as to whether the CJB is sent pre-formatted or not (or something like that!) is removed, and have offered to cover the costs of my first service.

I tend to accept that things do go wrong from time to time, it's just a fact of life. It's when people don't do anything about them or are incompetent in doing so that I start to get hacked off, so it's reassuring to see that LR and the dealer have been open with me here (after a bit of a dubious start) and are "doing the right thing".

Faith=restored.

Post #8627 16th Oct 2007 6:10 pm
Goldstone69

Paying for the first service seems to be the LR way of saying sorry ,mine is being payed for as well does anyone know how much the first service costs ?

Post #8629 16th Oct 2007 6:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345