« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > FL2 Side steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
FL2 Side steps

I have just fitted a set of side steps and think that they make it look more sporty.
The only thing about fitting them yourself is the there are a six brackets to be fitted under the sill to secure the steps and stop them from flexing when you stand on them, these brackets are secured by a M6 bolt and a special fitting.
I phoned Landrover and was told that the fittings had to be crimped into the sill before fitting the brackets are fitted. The only thing is that this tool is not ready available, so if you cant get one then it will have to be a trip the the dealer to get the fittings secured AT A COST.
This is not mentioned in the instructions so I thought that I would put in a post with some info.

I managed to get them secured as my son is in the trade and was able to get a loan of the tool.

Hope this is of some help.

I will post some pictures soon.

Post #6864 16th Sep 2007 12:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just for info guys were you aware that if you bye and retro fit any options yourself they only have a 1yr warranty...all well and good you may say....but if the stealer fits them within 30 days of you receiving the car the warranty on these parts is extended to 3 YEARS!!!!! Thats why I got the stealer to fit my retro fit options Wink Wink may be dearer in financial terms but extra 2 years on warranty without charge...kerching!!!

Post #6878 16th Sep 2007 9:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1