Home > Technical > Bluetooth2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nickraine

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
Bluetooth2

Hi all,
I posted something earlier, but have half fixed my problem!!! When I hook my phone up to the incar bluetooth it all is fine and dandy (with the exception of the names, but thats a different story!!!). Anyway, if I receive a call all is good. If I call voicemail all is good. However, if I call someone else it dials them but the sound goesnt come through the speakers. I have to turn off the 'hands free' and turn it on again, and everything is fine!!!

Does anyone know if this is in the settings somewhere and I need to change it? It feels as though its set up to dial out in 'privacy mode'....with the exception of voicemail!!!

Cheers

Nick

Post #100300 29th Apr 2011 5:48 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Bit of a long shot, but are you pressing the telephone icon button, to the right on the stereo, so that the name of your phone and the network is displayed on the radio's channel screen "once connected by bluetooth" and not just the signal strength meter?

Post #100308 29th Apr 2011 8:07 pm
redlabel

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I have the same problems as you. Both when it comes to the names and the second calling. :p
Htc Desire. FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #100331 29th Apr 2011 11:35 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Are you dialing from the handset? I happened to notice the other day with the mrs iphone that if using the handset to dial it will make the call on the handset. If you do it from the radio then it comes through the car. I guess your problem is the address book ???

Is there not a button on the phone to say handsfree when you have made the call? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #100354 30th Apr 2011 9:59 am
redlabel

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

The phone is connected and all is well. The first call made from the Desire comes trough the speakers. If I hang up and make a new call it puts the stereo on mute, but calls on the phone! Crap!
Also the part about not heaving a phonebook on the stereo makes it hard to dial from it. FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #100358 30th Apr 2011 10:42 am
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I have an interest in this thread, as my next phone is probably going to be the Desire 'S' so I've been doing a little homework before I jump in with my cash!
The phone-book is apparently not recognised by the FL2 due to it being in a different format, one the Freelander doesn't recognise, although not a problem if you can use voice dialling via the steering wheel controls.
If you have tried to import your phone-book, you should remove the freelander from the phones bluetooth menu and the phone-book + phone from the cars bluetooth menu, then pair them up again and when prompted to import your phone-book choose no!
As mentioned by Captain Worm. Make sure the phone is showing on the radio "model and network" and use the cars controls to voice dial, not the phone itself. I have the steering wheel controls, not sure if the 07 model does, or if there's a way around it if you don't.

There's lots more suggestions online that you can try, involving not bothering using the pairing code when asked by your phone, not to use shared contacts on the phone and to disable wifi before connecting by bluetooth. All of which depends on your model and firmware.

As I don't yet have the phone, I can't vouch for any of the suggestions, but by all accounts "apart from the phone-book problem" those who can use voice dial and the cars controls don't appear to have a problem connecting.

Post #100366 30th Apr 2011 11:32 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1