Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > hard plastic trim cleaner/restore/protectant smartgel.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
hard plastic trim cleaner/restore/protectant smartgel.

cant rave on enought,about this stuff, Bow down ..its been applyed to the grey plastic lower door trims underbumpers ,bump strips,lightgaurds ,ect 2 weeks ago,.....smartwax is the name,its called smartgel,the best ive ever used,ive just washed the fl2,3rd time in 2 weeks with a lambswool wash mit,soapy smartshampoo,and the water just beads off the plastic trim,light gaurds,ect and it looks like its just been applyed,its not cheap,but it is as you only need a little, £14 with post for 473ml,try it,best applyed with a foam applicator. Thumbs Up Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #100058 27th Apr 2011 4:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
colinrr

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Re: hard plastic trim cleaner/restore/protectant smartgel.

gilfishman wrote:
cant rave on enought,about this stuff, Bow down ..its been applyed to the grey plastic lower door trims underbumpers ,bump strips,lightgaurds ,ect 2 weeks ago,.....smartwax is the name,its called smartgel,the best ive ever used,ive just washed the fl2,3rd time in 2 weeks with a lambswool wash mit,soapy smartshampoo,and the water just beads off the plastic trim,light gaurds,ect and it looks like its just been applyed,its not cheap,but it is as you only need a little, £14 with post for 473ml,try it,best applyed with a foam applicator. Thumbs Up

Can you use it both internally and externally? Where did you get it?

Colin 1982 RR Classic-converted to 200TDi-gone
1992 RR VogueSE- converted to autogas-gone
2000 FL1 3dr (wife's)
1996 Disco 1 300 Tdi(gone)
2007 FL2 TD4 GS auto (gone)
MY 2011 SD4 HSE Automatic

Post #100152 28th Apr 2011 1:18 pm
colinrr

Looks like there's a 'smart gel' and a 'smart detail' on the smartwax website - the gel recommended more for rubber trim and tyres. Very interesting. Thanks for the tip. My other half's FL1 looks like it's in dire need of some.

2000 FL1 3dr (wife's)

Post #100154 28th Apr 2011 1:27 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

when i finish my current supply of car stuff, i'm going to look at smartwax stuff

not got muuch plastic on the outside of the FL2 though, only mirrors and those c pillar bits, and the roof bars, plastic strips, OK a bit of plastic, but not as much as my old FL2.1 Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #100155 28th Apr 2011 1:33 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

yes you can use in inside,but there is a product for interior called smartdressing,it smells like coconut,its a fair bit cheaper than the gel to,its ok as a dressing on tyers to.,but dont last as long as the gel,and after rain/dew u get run marks in it,so dont use it on exterior plastic,the gel the one for this.hope this helps colinrr. Thumbs Up bought from performancemotercare/loads on e bay to. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #100165 28th Apr 2011 3:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EYorkshire

Unless I missed it, the interior applications are gloss, now as the interior at the moment is a matt finish be very carefull what you want to end up with.
A shiny dash will play havoc in the sun.

Post #100167 28th Apr 2011 3:20 pm
colinrr

gilfishman wrote:
yes you can use in inside,but there is a product for interior called smartdressing,it smells like coconut,its a fair bit cheaper than the gel to,its ok as a dressing on tyers to.,but dont last as long as the gel,and after rain/dew u get run marks in it,so dont use it on exterior plastic,the gel the one for this.hope this helps colinrr. Thumbs Up bought from performancemotercare/loads on e bay to.

Thanks for the info. Will put that on my shopping list.

2000 FL1 3dr (wife's)

Post #100178 28th Apr 2011 4:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1