« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Thought after a couple of weeks ownership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
realspeed

United Kingdom 
Thought after a couple of weeks ownership

Yes its about 2 weeks already since I purchased the Freelander so thought I would give my impressions on the vehicle

On the negative side minor niggles.

I miss the lack of a lockable storage glovebox and just a couple of places to keep small change in out of sight. Ok there are the usual door pockets and the centre unit to put cups in but I would have preferred a cover over it. Ok its me I know but getting used to the wash/wipe and indicator stalkes still get me turning on the wrong ones, but that is mainly because my previous Kia Sorento had them on the other way round. Don't know if the auto stop/start facility is actually worth having, I generally turn it off maybe because its something I never had on previous cars, but the only real use maybe if stuck in a traffic jam it would come into its own.
Don't know if all those radio buttons are necessary apart from looks, possibly space could be used to a better advantage, especially as there are controls on the steering wheel dupilicating the buttons. Then again passangers couldn't have a "play" with changing stations.

On the plus side oh how much better than the Kia. Seating more comfortable and actually hold you in place, again the Kia had wider seats and little side support so you had less body control going around corners. The engine is so much quieter as well. I do like the dash readouts, the MPG I really appreciate as the Kia didn't have it, also the other information even when putting the "key " in the ignition slot is first class. Build quality I have mention in a previous post so won't mention again. 38mpg around the houses is good enough for me, havn't done motorway driving with it yet so can't comment.

Yes the vehicle is more expensive than the Kia but you can definately tell the reason why, there is no comparison between the two makes.

Several of my clients have had a look around it and said how much better the new shape is over previous models, they did say they were about to change motors for different reasons and on first looks were impressed with mine so would be interested in checking them out further. So that in itself says something.

Having had several different makes of 4x4's including the far more expensive ones I have owned the Freelander is up the among the top 3, and those above were far more expensive.
Realspeed Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #99982 26th Apr 2011 10:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1