Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Replacement rear bumper - Rubbish!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey
Replacement rear bumper - Rubbish!

The new rear bumper recently fitted to my FL2 following an unfortunate meeting with a fence post had to have the holes for the PDC's cut into it by hand. The brackets which support the PDC's when in place had to be cut off the old bumper and plastic welded back onto the new bumper. Why you may ask? Because Land Rover do not supply a PDC ready rear bumper despite probably 80% of FL2s being sold with rear parking sensors!!!! Obviously they do 2 versions for every other vehicle in their range. Did ask if they could take a new pre-cut rear bumper off the build line so that I could have that fitted instead, but obviously that is far too difficult for them. So, moral of the story is, don't crunch your rear bumper, ever. Oh by the way, Land Rover Customer Relations are hopeless, they might as well save some money and shut the call centre.

Post #101738 12th May 2011 9:42 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

You can get a rear bumper already pcd pre-cut for Freelander 2. Part Number LLR005857 and retails at £243.70 (2010 prices). I bought one for mine when I upgraded to 2010 spec.

You can also get the PCD mounting brackets separately as well, about £12 each if I remember correctly.

You would never get one off the build line as all these parts are scheduled in for production.

Sounds like the bodyshop could not be arsed to look properly. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #101818 13th May 2011 4:48 pm
mojo

Hi Mav71. I have phoned my local dealer's parts dept and LR themselves and they both say that there is only one rear bumper listed which needs to be cut. When did you buy yours and where from? Thanks. Mojo

Post #101827 13th May 2011 6:44 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Mine was ordered from LR via my LR dealer. I went in when it arrived and opened the box myself, and the bumper was pre-cut for the PCD. Now whether it was the fact that mine was the fully primed version and not the type with the black bottom half I don't know, but mine was pre-cut.

Just didnt have the brackets to mount the sensors.

I would not worry about having to have the holes cut to be honest. All the bumpers that are not drilled, all have template markings on the bumper on the inside.

Alot of manufacturers don't supply bumpers pre-cut. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #101828 13th May 2011 6:52 pm
mojo

Just found that LR005857 part number is discontinued and replace by LR025845 which must be what I have. Reason I am not happy is that the cut holes are nowhere near as neat as the original and the sensors aren't very well secured. Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

Post #101830 13th May 2011 6:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1