« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > 1 week, 150 miles in new fuji white GS SD4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SamYPKP

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White
1 week, 150 miles in new fuji white GS SD4

Only had the FL2 for a week, and put 150miles. Wanted to do more but work/family get in the way Smile

Comming from top spec Vauxhall Antara SE Auto, which similiar weight and dimensions but in almost every way a class below the FL2.

SD4 power train is just soo much more refined. Cant wait to put down 500 miles so I can start driving 'normally'. Even sticking to recommended 3krpm/68mph limits I can really appreciate the difference. Overtaking is effortless, a little extra pressure on the right foot results in a nice rumble and a surge in power - the old car would have kicked down and started screaming to get the same effect.

I do miss some of the gadgetry, sat nav, xenons. But the gadgets that are there just seem to be better thought out, e.g. all windows have one touch, doors auto locking over 5mph, windows folding on lock/unlock. Only grip might you have to turn on front sensors manually if your not in reverse.

Cost wise, the otr prices are not significantly higher, but you do get bigger discounts with other brands. Emissions hence Tax is lower, insurance suprising was the same but biggest saving will be at the pumps - same journeys returning 38mpg vs 22mpg.

Road noise and ride comfort is the biggest change. Maybe helped by the smaller rims with same diameter rubber - the difference on the same roads is just staggering. Although the higher center of gravity means Im being a bit slower on corners until I get a better feel for its limits.

All in all, very happy with the FL2.. and very glad this site exists - soo much useful info to be found here.

Post #97833 5th Apr 2011 3:49 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

You have had it a week and only put 150 miles on it?????

I did more than that going up and down my drive the day I had it! Rolling with laughter

Congrats with your purchase. This is my 2nd FL2 and am amazed at how more refined it is compared to my last one and I agree the SD4 engine is a peach Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #97835 5th Apr 2011 4:08 pm
SamYPKP

Unfortunately theres no option to drive to work, but all of a sudden trips to visit distant relatives and friends seem soo appealing Smile

Hoping the weather will improve, then at least we can plan some nice day trips instead of the usual bluewater or lakeside weekends.

Post #97837 5th Apr 2011 4:49 pm
taztastic

England 

SamYPKP wrote:
Unfortunately theres no option to drive to work, but all of a sudden trips to visit distant relatives and friends seem soo appealing Smile

Hoping the weather will improve, then at least we can plan some nice day trips instead of the usual bluewater or lakeside weekends.

Trafford Centre is a great location, in order to save parking nightmares, I will offer to meet up and you can leave the car with me and I will drop it at the door when you have finished shopping! Laughing

Post #97842 5th Apr 2011 5:50 pm
ad210358

England 
Re: 1 week, 150 miles in new fuji white GS SD4

SamYPKP wrote:

SD4 power train is just soo much more refined. Cant wait to put down 500 miles so I can start driving 'normally'. Even sticking to recommended 3krpm/68mph limits I can really appreciate the difference. Overtaking is effortless, a little extra pressure on the right foot results in a nice rumble and a surge in power - the old car would have kicked down and started screaming to get the same effect.

Another member singing the praises of the Auto Box, a certain member could take note of this Whistle

Have to Echo Shilen's comments on the SD4 also Thumbs Up

Post #97846 5th Apr 2011 6:13 pm
Dom Harvey

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White
Re: 1 week, 150 miles in new fuji white GS SD4

ad210358 wrote:

Have to Echo Shilen's comments on the SD4 also Thumbs Up

Coming from a TDV6 never thought I'd say it but I have to agree too. Thumbs Up 
My Landrover History:
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Limited Edition - Current
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual
2003 Defender TD5 CSW Manual
1996 Defender 300TDi CSW Manual

Post #97854 5th Apr 2011 7:01 pm
SamYPKP

taztastic wrote:

Trafford Centre is a great location, in order to save parking nightmares, I will offer to meet up and you can leave the car with me and I will drop it at the door when you have finished shopping! Laughing

Will that include babysitting a baby and toddler? Laughing

Post #97958 6th Apr 2011 10:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1