Total Votes: 17

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ignus

South Africa 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Izmir Blue
Reliability?

Hi all,

In South africa the freelander 1 has no good reputation as it was to often in to the dealer for upgrades and problems like not starting, oil leaks, engine failure and gearbox faults. Did you guys experienced it with the freelander 1 and is there any problems yet with the freelander 2 that will affect its reliability on the long run?

Thank you. Land Rover - Go Beyond

Post #6532 11th Sep 2007 10:53 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Having done quite a bit of research before thinking about buying one at the end of this month I would say the FL2 is turning out to be relatively reliable.

I would say that the UK seems to of had the roughest time of it as this appears to of been one of the first markets where they were released and from what I can see others then offered them at the end of the first quarter this year.

A product which is basically redesigned from the ground up is expected to have some issues and in this day in age some software glitches, but it appears they have been relatively small and all but rectified.

Factory build issues generally do not concern me that much, but the quality of components used does, as this will determine the long term reliability, and from what I have seen the FL2 (LR2) will be around for quite some years.

Thumbs Up

Post #6546 11th Sep 2007 3:57 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Gammba My first FL2 was as owned, you have read probably, from Jan to 31st Aug and no reliability issues have been had. Plenty electrical ones which seemed to be software based...so in response to your reliabity question the car is great. So great I am now on the second, and to date NO PROBLEMS OF ANY DESCRIPTION Bow down Bow down Bow down and have covered 500 miles so officially run in Thumbs Up

Post #6549 11th Sep 2007 4:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1