« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > new car picked up last night
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Fuzzkaz

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Firenze Red
new car picked up last night

After what seems like an age I finally took delivery last night of my shiney new SD4 Sport LE in Firenze Red.
I am told it looks really nice in the sunlight but since I got it all it has done is rained. Big Cry

My First Land Rover if you don't count the old MK11a SWB I had in my youth, on my first run to work I squeezed 41.9mpg which is better than the 14mpg the old MK11a used to do but then petrol was a little cheaper 23 years ago.

So far I am loving it, no turbo whistle, no blocked DPF and no sqeeks or rattle to report, SWMBO likes the fact she can see over hedges going down country lanes, and it is so much more comfy than the old seat ibiza cupra, once I get used to the fact that I now drive what feels like the widest car this side of a Hummer I will be OK.

Post #97120 31st Mar 2011 8:52 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Re: new car picked up last night

Fuzzkaz wrote:
.....once I get used to the fact that I now drive what feels like the widest car this side of a Hummer I will be OK.

Rolling with laughter Yep been through that one with OSWMBO Thumbs Up

Post #97123 31st Mar 2011 9:04 am
taztastic

England 

Ace car Thumbs Up

was offered a Sport in Firenze Red last week, a cancelled order, sadly i have to wait as current lease has to run till August.

If I could offer some advice...buy a camera..we need pics, that is the best colour on a Freelander, and yes with the sun on it, it is absolutely stunning, the dealer sent me some pics but the front apron hadn't been fitted.

Enjoy Very Happy

Paul

Post #97132 31st Mar 2011 11:26 am
Fuzzkaz

I will try and figure out how to upload pictures, but first I need some nice weather, after 35 miles down A & B roads this morning it already looks like well, how do I put it, a Land Rover.

not wanting to start a rant from anyone but it looks so much better in red than White, they had one parked next to it in the show room, perhaps it's the star wars thing.

Yes I know it's all down to personnel preference, but I have done white and SWMBO has a white car at the moment, the thought of 2 to wash at a weekend, well i'd rather be driving one than washing it.

Just my opinion.

Post #97147 31st Mar 2011 2:50 pm
taztastic

England 

I myself, and I am sure other forum members won't mind any dirty pictures!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #97148 31st Mar 2011 2:55 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Yes please, plenty of dirty pictures!

Post #97176 31st Mar 2011 6:15 pm
Dom Harvey

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Welcome Fuzzkaz, another Sport LE member, not many of us Thumbs Up , I wanted the Firenze Red but had to settle for the Fuji White as its all they had so can't wait for your photos. 
My Landrover History:
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Limited Edition - Current
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual
2003 Defender TD5 CSW Manual
1996 Defender 300TDi CSW Manual

Post #97212 31st Mar 2011 9:39 pm
Fuzzkaz

Thank you for the welcome, as it happens I know where there is probably another red one waiting for an owner.

I think there are now a few around as I understand that the last batch have been shipped out to all the dealers now. That said they do sell fast I found mine, which had been delivered on Thursday, and brought it on Saturday, half an hour later the white one next to it in the showroom had also gone.

the only complaint I have so far is the lack of electric seats, but if that is as bad as it gets I will be happy. oh yes the boot could be bigger too, but there is the hole where any reasonable manufacturer would have put a spare wheel, is that really too much to ask for in a 30 odd thousand pound car?

Post #97246 1st Apr 2011 8:59 am
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I think it's disgraceful that a car like this doesn't have a spare wheel as standard. What if you were in the middle of a forest and you get a puncture?
Is it just a UK thing? I have one in my Freelander and I don't believe they are an optional extra in Oz.

BTW: Welcome to the forum and I hope you have many happy miles out of your new purchase Very Happy

Post #97249 1st Apr 2011 9:20 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Congrats on your new FL2!

The lack of electric seats / armrests was enough to put me off the Sport LE as I had got so used to them in my previous FL2 hence I replaced it a few weeks ago with another HSE.

And it truely is disgusting that a 30K car doesnt come with a spare wheel but I would have thought the dealer would have mentioned it and asked if you wanted it as an option, for £150 you get a full size alloy wheel (not a space saver) and a wheel brace and jack. Then again for £150 you would think that they would throw it in!!!

Take care with the front skirt - my previous FL2 had a body kit and once caught the bottom of it. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #97251 1st Apr 2011 9:24 am
Fuzzkaz

Couldn't agree more, but if they gave you a spare wheel then they would have to provide a jack as well, just think of the cost of that!!

They have to make a profit somehow !!!

Post #97252 1st Apr 2011 9:25 am
Freelander 2 le sport

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Welcome Fuzzkaz i am also a proud owner of a new le sport in fuji white, i do like the red but white was the colour we was after. your have one of thelast fl2's in red as they have dropped the colour ive been told.

3 of the 500 le sports on freel2.com.

What area you from Fuzzkaz?

Post #98079 7th Apr 2011 3:38 pm
taztastic

England 

Freelander 2 le sport wrote:
Welcome Fuzzkaz i am also a proud owner of a new le sport in fuji white, i do like the red but white was the colour we was after. your have one of thelast fl2's in red as they have dropped the colour ive been told.

The old Rimini red has been dropped, alledgedly the new Firenze red, as on the LE Sport, will be offered from early May.

Post #98080 7th Apr 2011 3:47 pm
Fuzzkaz

I heard that too, all I know is it has rained every day but one since I got it, almost looks like a proper landy already. Sad

who says red doesn't show the dirt. Will have to wash it soon at this rate. I have already realised why people have side steps, I am over 6' tall and haven't figured out how to wash the roof yet, without the aid of an orange box to stand on. SD4 Sport LE Firenze Red - no options or modifications yet, but it's early days.

Post #98081 7th Apr 2011 3:53 pm
Freelander 2 le sport

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

I stand on the back wheel there is 2 little dips in the roof that you have hold onto to pull urself up, it works well as you can reach 90% from rear wheel and the front is lower so no ned for steps or yellow pages.

you noticed your missing a spare wheel yet??? i got one off my dealer as i rang and complained as told him when i ordered i wanted a spare and he got me one

Post #98082 7th Apr 2011 4:15 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>