Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Would you put door protectors on a white FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SamYPKP

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White
Would you put door protectors on a white FL2

Our last car was plagued by car park dings, in less than two years it picked up 7 dings. Admittedly it was a Vauxhall Antara which definately feels like it is made of less sturdy stuff - you could press on a panel and see them flex!

So for our newly picked up FL2 in fuji white, I'm considering getting door protectors put on. So, I know its a subjective questions, but do you think the black strips would look ok against the white?

If we change our minds, does anyone know if its possible to remove the protectors without leaving marks?

Alternatively we could leave it and Im sure start collecting dings - does anyone know how a handful of small dings might affect the value of a car at part exchange time?

Oh, also on the topic of dings. Funny (well not so funny in the end) story. After returning from a nice meal we found a fresh ding with some paint transfer matching a beemer parked next to us. Went back into the restaurant where they kindly put out a few annoucements to try to track the owner down. Of course he didnt come forward. So we sat and waiting almost an hour for him to return. After the initial denial, I got him to sit in his car and open his door - lo and behold, the position, shape and color matched exactly.. fortunately he was reasonable and offered to pay the repair costs. Stupidly however, I got a mobile 'smart repair' company to do it. To their credit, they spent two long days sanding, filling, spraying and polishing, but what started out as a annoying little ding turned into a big patch of uneven surface and poor color matching. Got a refund in the end, but would not recommend these unless its just a scratch and they are confident about the exact color match (i.e. the color has been around for a while). It would have been only about £100 cheaper than getting it done properly in a body shop... live and learn..

Post #97130 31st Mar 2011 11:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1