« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > LR Experience Day today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PaulC

United Kingdom 
LR Experience Day today

I know many have posted here about LR experience days before but we had a 1/2 day today in Honiton and I just wanted to say how much fun it was and how much we found it useful in learning about and understanding this marvellous machine we have bought.

What I found the most enlightening was just how much use the terrain response and HDC could be when ON road. Yes, the off-road was great fun and a bit scary at first until I had gained some confidence in not braking but I will probably not do much, if any, of that kind of driving. However, seeing how much the TR system changed things like throttle response, engine and auto gearbox mapping and how HDC was so useful even on normal roads, was an true revelation.

Superb afternoon. I highly recommend anyone with an FL2 take one of these experience half days... you will get a lot more from your FL2... they cost enough, you should get the most from the incredible technology built in.

Post #95567 17th Mar 2011 11:52 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I agree. I went to Rockingham Castle last November and it was great. I went up a muddy slope in one attempt that a Disco 4 took 7 to get up. Discos can go further in some situations cos of ground clearance but the FL2 is not hampered by being too heavy and the instructor says that in some ways the FL2 is the best LR vehicle off road.

All done on normal goodyear wrangler all weather tyres (which I have on mine). He also laughed at BMW off roaders capabilities and any of the FL2's rivals. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #95568 18th Mar 2011 12:05 am
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

Been on a few half days at Eastnor, still amazes me every time how capable these cars are. Booked in at end of May at Eastnor, taking out a Range Rover. should be interesting Smile

Post #95574 18th Mar 2011 9:30 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I also went to Rockingham Castle in December in the remnants of the snow and ice and have to agree with The Doctor. I went up one slope that the instructor thougtht might be difficult and the Freelander had no problems. All done on standard Pirelli road tyres and as the instructor said the Freelander was a standard production SD4 HSE. He also said that the Freelander is so good because of its relatively light weight.

Post #95625 18th Mar 2011 2:05 pm
mjn51

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Honiton rocks , literally Thumbs Up

Post #95629 18th Mar 2011 2:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1