Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Storm or Ebony leather with Stornoway Grey?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Fin

Scotland 
Storm or Ebony leather with Stornoway Grey?

Hi
I am ordering a Stornoway Grey GS with privacy glass and can't decide whether to have Ebony or Storm leather interior. I've seen Ebony, but haven't been able to see Storm, other than a swatch. Has anyone seen the Stornoway/Storm combo or have a decent interior photo they could post? Sliver or black facia will be my next decision. Thanks.

Post #94673 9th Mar 2011 8:56 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

not too sure about seat colour but i was going for the piano black trim on my new FL2 and whilst it looks nice on the steering wheel i didnt like it above the glovebox - made the interior appear very dark! I therefore went for silver which breaks it up nicely! Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #94680 9th Mar 2011 9:31 pm
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand
Re: Storm or Ebony leather with Stornoway Grey?

Fin wrote:
Hi
I am ordering a Stornoway Grey GS with privacy glass and can't decide whether to have Ebony or Storm leather interior. I've seen Ebony, but haven't been able to see Storm, other than a swatch. Has anyone seen the Stornoway/Storm combo or have a decent interior photo they could post? Sliver or black facia will be my next decision. Thanks.

I would personally go with Ebony interior, IMHO the Stornoway/Storm combination would look a little bland.

Post #94685 9th Mar 2011 9:52 pm
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand

shilen wrote:
not too sure about seat colour but i was going for the piano black trim on my new FL2 and whilst it looks nice on the steering wheel i didnt like it above the glovebox - made the interior appear very dark! I therefore went for silver which breaks it up nicely!

I initially thought the same as you about the piano blank trim / ebony leather combination but decided to go with it as I thought the silver trim looked a little on the cheap side. I have had my car now for a couple of days and I am glad I went with the piano black, to me it does not make the interior to dark.

Post #94690 9th Mar 2011 9:58 pm
zoey

United States 

I have an HSE Sport LTD, which has the combination of ebony and storm. IMHO, the storm looks cheap. I do like the idea of breaking up the interior color, but if given the chance, would pick another color to use.

Although I haven't had my vehicle long enough to experience the summer sun, I'm not looking forward to blazing hot seat areas in ebony.

Post #94714 10th Mar 2011 6:30 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I have Stornoway with Ebony and would choose Ebony again. Also agree with Mark12 about the grey/grey combo.

However I like the new Tan Pleather colour, but not with Stornoway Neutral but would look smart with Black paintwork Embarassed Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #94730 10th Mar 2011 10:14 am
blacklr

ebony black for sure for lazy guy like me to maintain the seats. I m on heavy tinted film, so with this combination is better to change the interior bulbs to bright LED white. But careful when you change the bulb, I end up went back to dealer for the fuse blown.

Post #94748 10th Mar 2011 12:57 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I went for the black trim but not the piano black. It looks super IMO, vaguely like carbon fibre. I thought that the siney piano black might be too much. The other option I considered was silver... anything other than the standard tacky-looking wood (sorry if you like it but I think it just reminds me of 1970's Rovers! Not a good memory for me!)

Post #94787 10th Mar 2011 4:32 pm
Fin

Scotland 

Thanks for all the messages. I'm going for Ebony. Now for a long wait Sad

Post #94807 10th Mar 2011 7:52 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

did you go for black or silver trim?

The long wait - know how you feel, mine was ordered back in November but on the plus side it arrives it just over a weeks time Very Happy

Will post some pics of my ebony / silver combination Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #95019 12th Mar 2011 10:59 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

PaulC wrote:
I went for the black trim but not the piano black. It looks super IMO, vaguely like carbon fibre. I thought that the siney piano black might be too much. The other option I considered was silver... anything other than the standard tacky-looking wood (sorry if you like it but I think it just reminds me of 1970's Rovers! Not a good memory for me!)

They say it is REAL wood and not just "plood" used in the Evoque, but surely nobody realy likes that on a modern vehicle Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #95057 13th Mar 2011 2:53 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I have Storm Grey in mine & it contrasts very well with the black carpet & the rest of the black dash. Two tone looks so much nicer than all one colour which I think looks too bland. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #95115 13th Mar 2011 10:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1