Home > My Freelander 2 > A bit of a surprise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
timsdm

England 
A bit of a surprise

Hello everyone

I ordered an sd4 xs in Jan and was given a provisional delivery date mid March.

Got a call friday saying the were expecting it early and could I pop in the v5 for the cherished transfer. We were discussing accessories when he said that he had something to tell me, " that car you're sat next to is yours" it had arrived friday afternoon. Apparently Land rover had added an extra shift to meet demand.

As if by fate I had taken Tuesday off so now collect my Freelander 2 sd4 xs ipanema sand Tuesday at 16.30 - not even enough time to get excited ! Shocked

btw with the info I got of this site the salesman thought I was some sort of engineer - so thanks every one

Post #93536 27th Feb 2011 5:50 pm
EYorkshire

Congrats on the car Thumbs Up
I'm sure, like me you will be like a kid again. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Post #93537 27th Feb 2011 5:56 pm
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand
Re: A bit of a surprise

timsdm wrote:
Hello everyone

Got a call friday saying the were expecting it early and could I pop in the v5 for the cherished transfer. We were discussing accessories when he said that he had something to tell me, " that car you're sat next to is yours" it had arrived friday afternoon. Apparently Land rover had added an extra shift to meet demand.

As if by fate I had taken Tuesday off so now collect my Freelander 2 sd4 xs ipanema sand Tuesday at 16.30 - not even enough time to get excited ! Shocked

btw with the info I got of this site the salesman thought I was some sort of engineer - so thanks every one

I also dropped my V5 off at my dealers on Friday so they could do a transfer onto my new TD4 HSE which is also in Ipanema Sand and due to arrive by 6th March.

Has the dealer given you any idea how long it will take to do the cherished transfers, I have heard that it can take between 7 and 14 days for the DVLA to do the transfer and sometimes longer.

Post #93560 27th Feb 2011 8:00 pm
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue

I'm hoping for "A bit of a surprise" as it looking like mid April before I get my TD4 HSE from Lookers Park Royal but looking forward to the drive back up to Glasgow

Post #93563 27th Feb 2011 8:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

just for a surprise I was looking at touregs today , tiguans being too small At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #93586 27th Feb 2011 10:31 pm
timsdm

England 

Mark12 wrote:
timsdm wrote:
Hello everyone

I also dropped my V5 off at my dealers on Friday so they could do a transfer onto my new TD4 HSE which is also in Ipanema Sand and due to arrive by 6th March.

Has the dealer given you any idea how long it will take to do the cherished transfers, I have heard that it can take between 7 and 14 days for the DVLA to do the transfer and sometimes longer.

I'm putting my reg on retention to speed it up so i can have the car straight away for the sake of £15 its worth it, the dealership handled it all for me.

Post #93628 28th Feb 2011 1:18 pm
Red FR

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

If a plate is on retention it can now be registered to the vehicle by the dealer as long as the vehicle is unregistered, thats what I did.

Post #93629 28th Feb 2011 1:24 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

DVLA tell people it takes about 7-14 days, I've never had one that was more than about 3, until I transferred the last one that they said wasn't mine and also my vehicle wasn't tax'd

D*ckheads Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #93636 28th Feb 2011 2:35 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Big Dave wrote:
DVLA tell people it takes about 7-14 days, I've never had one that was more than about 3, until I transferred the last one that they said wasn't mine and also my vehicle wasn't tax'd

D*ckheads

Big Dave..... I share your pain! Cherished transfers via DVLA offices are the most fustrating part of our job!

James Thumbs Up

Post #93637 28th Feb 2011 2:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand

Guys, thanks for clarifying this for me Thumbs Up

Post #93638 28th Feb 2011 2:48 pm
Reeventu

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

My cherished transfer is into 4 weeks now and according to DVLA this morning it should only be another week or so Rolling Eyes

Post #93641 28th Feb 2011 3:20 pm
timsdm

England 

Reeventu wrote:
My cherished transfer is into 4 weeks now and according to DVLA this morning it should only be another week or so Rolling Eyes

Hence why mine is going on retention and the new car registered with its own reg so no delay in getting it. In the good old days I once went to the Borehamwood office and transferred my motorbike private reg over on the spot and had a new tax disc issued there and then along with a plate certificate.

Just hope the money transfers in time Confused

Post #93649 28th Feb 2011 4:21 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I put mine on retention 4 weeks ago, think it might take 3 weeks... it came back with the retention certificate in 4 DAYS!!!

Needless to say, I was gobsmacked!

Glad I did it though as it has made getting the new car a simple matter of handing the salesman the retention certificate and Bob's yer Uncle.

Post #93657 28th Feb 2011 5:56 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Always best to suffer the extra £25 and put the plate on retention, because if all else fails then your dealer can register the vehicle on a 'normal' plate which will enable you to take the car as planned. They can then put a set of your 'cherished' plates in the boot, pre-drilled (or with the approprite pads) which can then be either DIY fitted or by a local spanner man (or go back to the dealer) once the 'cherished' tax disc arrives.

Transferring from one car to another is a nightmare!

James Thumbs Up

Post #93658 28th Feb 2011 5:58 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Sorry to rant, good advice James

How on earth are the DVLA allowed to be in charge of anything as important as license entitlement, handling huge sums of money etc etc. I rarely ever have dealings with them and come away with the outcome I should have, no matter how trivial. Changeing the VIN on my motorbike, because they got it wrong on the V5, is a case of filling in the 'missing details' section, I did and the VIN came back completely different. Cue phone call, woman telling me I had done something wrong etc.

Changed my Leon's number from my grandad's car last June, apparently my car hadn't been tax'd for 2 years, had to send proof. I didn't want to send my actual tax disc funnily enough but was told I had no choice. Cue more angry phone calls lots of photocopies of said disc with references etc. Eventually they backed down and issued the plate with a new disc.

Then this January, at the end of the month I realised my tax was due on the 1st of feb, tried online, no luck. Rang, was told my car hadn't been tax'd or SORN'd for 2 years and I had a massive fine coming my way now it was brought to their attention. I wouldn't have tried doing it if I knew they were clueless to whether I was paid up or not!!! More photocopies, post office visits, trouble with the police because I had no current disc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/0...itlem.html

Funny thing is I've never heard them apologise. Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

And relax Mr. Green Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #93666 28th Feb 2011 6:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>