Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > eeeeeeeeeerrrrrr any idea how to turn the ignition on?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
David W.

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green

mojo wrote:
David W - I'm with you, rarely read a manual. If I can't work it out from just looking it's too complicated. I am entering the technology backlash phase of my life where I don't want to waste hours of my time working out how to push a button or link my new gadget up which is already out of date once you get it home. Almost bought an Iphone 4 the other day then came to my senses. On my car I only need to know where to stick the key, fuel, the oil, air for the tyres and the dog. And as for Bluetooth? Pile of rubbish, just don't use my phone in the car.

Nice to have your support Mojo.
BTW Jethro Tull invented the seed drill, it did not however have or need an instruction book/DVD or Bluetooth.
dw

Post #94624 9th Mar 2011 12:38 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Thank goodness there are some of us silvertops left that make a lot of good use out of their Bluetooth connection and Freely handbook, if only for safely driving in today's congested traffic situations.

You dinosaurs out there who are too f'n lazy or just couldn't give a dam to learn something new and very useful, could well end up as those 4-legged beasts did - Prematurely Extinct Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #94671 9th Mar 2011 8:54 pm
Monza

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

We really love the bluetooth connection.
Just get in the car and you're connected...
No car kits anymore, no cables, just one push on the steering wheel to answer a call...

Great!!

Post #94676 9th Mar 2011 9:00 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I used to be a train driver on the London Underground. When something mechanical went wrong with the train an engineer would come along to try to fix it. He had no manuals... he didn't need any. He carried 3 things with him... a hammer, a can of oil and a rag...

1) oil it

if that doesn't fix it then...

2) wack it with the hammer

if that doesn't fix it...

3) wipe off the oil with the rag

if it is still not fixed... take the train out of service and leave it for the overnight crew in the depot!!

Post #94689 9th Mar 2011 9:57 pm
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

[quote= You dinosaurs out there who are too f'n lazy or just couldn't give a dam to learn something new and very useful, could well end up as those 4-legged beasts did - Prematurely Extinct Shocked[/quote]

No, we'll just have more time to do useful stuff rather than fiddling around with pointless technology.... How on earth did anyone manage 20 years ago without mobile phones and constant comms with all and sundry??????? Do you really need to speak to people on the phone while you are driving? No.

Post #94708 9th Mar 2011 11:07 pm
AndyC

mojo wrote:
[quote= You dinosaurs out there who are too f'n lazy or just couldn't give a dam to learn something new and very useful, could well end up as those 4-legged beasts did - Prematurely Extinct Shocked

No, we'll just have more time to do useful stuff rather than fiddling around with pointless technology.... How on earth did anyone manage 20 years ago without mobile phones and constant comms with all and sundry??????? Do you really need to speak to people on the phone while you are driving? No.[/quote]

They had to find a landline and pay through the nose for using it - or write a letter and send it by snailmail Laughing Thank goodness for progress Thumbs Up

Oh yes I/we do speak on the phone frequently while driving which is EASY and SAFE using the Bluetooth handsfree Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #94731 10th Mar 2011 10:21 am
ad210358

England 

AndyC wrote:

They had to find a landline and pay through the nose for using it - or write a letter and send it by snailmail Laughing Thank goodness for progress Thumbs Up

Oh yes I/we do speak on the phone frequently while driving which is EASY and SAFE using the Bluetooth handsfree Thumbs Up

See how lucky you were, finding a land line. Those were the days, is that one that actually worked and one that some drunk hadn't p Censored in the previous night. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #94763 10th Mar 2011 1:49 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ad210358 wrote:
. Those were the days, is that one that actually worked and one that some drunk hadn't p Censored in the previous night.

I've apologised for that can we leave it now Confused At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #94768 10th Mar 2011 1:57 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #94772 10th Mar 2011 2:15 pm
ad210358

England 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #94775 10th Mar 2011 2:26 pm
AndyC

Laughing
Yeh - Thank goodness for progress Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #94780 10th Mar 2011 3:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234