Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > jus been flashed by a speed camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

"there's no better way to knock the smile off a prosecutors face than to ask if they can prove service of an NIP"

I can't speak for other counties but here, 'the crown' has accepted that if the NIP has been posted, its been delivered?
A bit unfair I think. Very Happy

Post #91864 13th Feb 2011 8:56 pm
Junior

England 

Nick Leeson will sort it for £6000 Thumbs Up

Post #91867 13th Feb 2011 9:33 pm
dunroof

There's no better way of increasing your fine and penalty points than taking something to court and loosing it. In effect wasting the courts time. Come on, if your caught, you either shouldn't speed or take your medicine. Makes up for the 99 times you got away with it. Besides, all the procecutions I've seen, the crown has the recorded delivery slip pinned to the case papers. Never seen even novice procesutors fumble for them. Just doesn't happen.

Post #91868 13th Feb 2011 9:46 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

The only time that I have got done was back in 2005 whilst on holiday in South Wales, nabbed by a mobile camera on a bridge above a dual carriageway in roadworls - doing 50 in a 40. Twisted Evil

Notice came through within the 2 weeks. At the same time a work colleague had a letter from Northamptonshire Police saying that he had been caught doing 40 in a 30 - and not to do it again!! (LUCKY Censored !!!!!)

Post #91871 13th Feb 2011 10:27 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

They often have no film in them. Been flashed a few times but never heard any more. Not sure about the new ones though. Only time I got done was by a hand-held gun - and yes, he was one of the firearms squad. Presumably not much call for the other sort of gun in rural Cambridgeshire. I was doing more than twice the limit, just hadn't seen the thirty sign. True! Went to court (you have to for double the limit or over a hundred). Was very polite. Had a genuine sob story. Got a fine, a one week ban and no points.
I reckon it's just best to play their game and be polite and contrite. Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #91872 13th Feb 2011 10:47 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

The police were looking into an accident I had been involved in (just me) in my focus in 2006. Pedestrians had the audacity and bare faced cheek to claim I had been speeding.

Basically I went around a corner (only a small corner, nothing drastic) and lost it. I maintain it was a blow out.

Unfortunately I quickly realised the hedge was only thin and I was flying through the air and onto a car park below.

The incident took place at the Midland Railway Centre in Ripley, Derbyshire. Amazingly the car never rolled but thankfully the cops did not take any further action.

Check out google street view and near the bridge you can see the makeshift fence they put up after I took out the bushes Laughing

The postcode for google is DE5 3QZ http://maps.google.co.uk/ LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #91873 13th Feb 2011 10:53 pm
andw

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Many thought on this do we not all think that it really depends on what area you get caught in, also when I was 20 something I got caught and received a nip through the post almost three weeks after I sent it back with a covering letter quoting the road traffic act and did not hear anything further however got nabbed by a laser van a few years later doing 99mph and that was expensive and had to go to see a magistrate Evil or Very Mad

Post #91874 13th Feb 2011 10:58 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
Re: jus been flashed by a speed camera

s7gpt wrote:
48 in a 40, guess thats £60 and 3 points then Big Cry

48 measured by what - if its your speedo then its more than probable you were only doing 45 ish which is just within the acceptible limit based on 10%+1mph!!

Fingers crossed you'll get lucky Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #91877 13th Feb 2011 11:37 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

dunroof wrote:
There's no better way of increasing your fine and penalty points than taking something to court and loosing it. In effect wasting the courts time. Come on, if your caught, you either shouldn't speed or take your medicine. Makes up for the 99 times you got away with it. Besides, all the procecutions I've seen, the crown has the recorded delivery slip pinned to the case papers. Never seen even novice procesutors fumble for them. Just doesn't happen.

Totally agree.

Post #91881 14th Feb 2011 12:48 am
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

In south ayrshire the A77 has 14 gantries of average speed cameras covering 35 miles, 3 different speed limits.
some 2 way @ 60mph, dual carr.@ 70mph and 3 miles dual carr @ 50mph which has 3 gantries in 3 miles.
Cruise control a must. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #91882 14th Feb 2011 1:15 am
ad210358

England 

Captain Worm wrote:
s7gpt wrote:

48 measured by what - if its your speedo then its more than probable you were only doing 45 ish which is just within the acceptible limit based on 10%+1mph!!

Fingers crossed you'll get lucky Thumbs Up

What acceptable limit, the limit now is the speed limit and they allow you 10% error NO + I know as I was caught at 34 in a 30. The + was removed a few years when the rules changed allowing the authorities to keep some of the monies raised. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #91889 14th Feb 2011 9:25 am
greengiant

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Doesn't stop at £60 either, expect insurance premium to go up for the next five years Sad
Mine jumped £200 on renewal, shopped around and got it down to an extra £100, multiply that by 5 years an extra £500 for me at least.
Fed up, I had just done a 800+ mile touring holiday of North Wales and drove carefully, there are a huge number of cameras there, despite people driving up my ar*e because I adhered to the speed limit.
Got caught on the way home driving away from Birmingham, 38 in 30mph zone, who wouldn't want to get away from Birmingham? Big Cry 09 FL2 HSE auto Lago Grey
71 Triumph Stag 3L
68 NGTCV8 3.5L

Last edited by greengiant on 14th Feb 2011 7:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #91907 14th Feb 2011 3:03 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

"48 measured by what - if its your speedo then its more than probable you were only doing 45 ish which is just within the acceptible limit based on 10%+1mph!!"

It does not matter if your speedo states you were doing 2mph, It is the camera detector that is set at a pre defined speed allowing for speedo errors . It is set so that there is no doubt you were well above the speed limit. If it flashed you were speeding, end of story. May be lucky and never hear anything, it does happen!

The activation setting on fixed site cameras can vary from police area to police area, You may also find that mobile cameras and Hand Held Radar have a differant speed limit settings.

ie, mobile vans: 39 mph and above in 30 mph limit = ticket
HHR: 42 mph and above in 30 mph limit = ticket
Very Happy Very Happy

Post #91916 14th Feb 2011 4:53 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

flycop2000 wrote:
"48 measured by what - if its your speedo then its more than probable you were only doing 45 ish which is just within the acceptible limit based on 10%+1mph!!"

It does not matter if your speedo states you were doing 2mph, It is the camera detector that is set at a pre defined speed allowing for speedo errors . It is set so that there is no doubt you were well above the speed limit. If it flashed you were speeding, end of story. May be lucky and never hear anything, it does happen!

The activation setting on fixed site cameras can vary from police area to police area, You may also find that mobile cameras and Hand Held Radar have a differant speed limit settings.

ie, mobile vans: 39 mph and above in 30 mph limit = ticket
HHR: 42 mph and above in 30 mph limit = ticket
Very Happy Very Happy

I think what the Capn is saying is that the OP said he was doing 48 as that is what his speedo said....the camera may have come up with a different number..hopefully lower..which have have been withing the acceptable overspeed. My experience is that FL2 speedo seems quite accurate when comared with GPS vs other cars I've had...

Post #91971 14th Feb 2011 10:30 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

ad210358 wrote:
Captain Worm wrote:
s7gpt wrote:

Fingers crossed you'll get lucky Thumbs Up

What acceptable limit, the limit now is the speed limit and they allow you 10% error NO + I know as I was caught at 34 in a 30. The + was removed a few years when the rules changed allowing the authorities to keep some of the monies raised.

Embarassed I'd Best slow down then Whistle Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #91972 14th Feb 2011 10:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>