Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > A Certain Well Known Dealer Getting Desperate?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ad210358

England 
A Certain Well Known Dealer Getting Desperate?

I have had popped through the letter box a card from a local LR dealer near me who like a lot of their other branches do not seem to be to highly thought of may be having a difficult time. They have invited me to a special sale weekend to which I have no interest but because I haven't replied to the invite have phoned me twice this week, once to ask if I was going and again to say my MOT was due.
But then after having a look on a certain auction site. It seems they want to shift a bit of stock, over 3000 cars and motor cycles Shocked

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/stratstonemotors/m....amp;_pgn=1 p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #90852 4th Feb 2011 8:55 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

And they're advertising a couple of Disco 4's as a Disco 3's......

Some dealer they are Rolling Eyes ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #90854 4th Feb 2011 9:00 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Got the invite from Stratstone, Edinburgh this week, will not be going Very Happy though!

Post #91092 6th Feb 2011 5:00 pm
dunroof

Thats the Portobello branch, where I told a salesman, who was trying to flog me another motor that I didnt think I'd got the greatest of deals from him a few years back and he went all Greta Garbo and wouln't speak to me. I became invisable. I would have made a complaint, but the little wan*er wasn't worth the bother. That said it was almost worth an 80 quid fixed penalty fine to punch his lights out, some times you just have to say, What the Hell."

Post #91093 6th Feb 2011 5:07 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Not been very impressed with the after sales service so far? Very Happy

Post #91095 6th Feb 2011 5:22 pm
ad210358

England 

You say the after sales is non to clever, I bought a used Disco Series 2 off them in the past, I returned it the next day with over 30 faults which varied from a flat spare wheel, cracked headlight, badly torn gear gaiter cracked windscreen, engine oil filler cap missing, no panel lights plus loads of other niggles, most of which were also pointed at the viewing stage and assured that it had yet to go through the workshop. At best it must have drove through but never stopped as the faults were still their on collection. It was agreed that I could take the vehicle and return it in a day or so to get it sorted, after finding more faults I took it back the next day, they then tried to say that the faults must have happened after I collected it.
Nothing changed much when I collected my first Freelander 2 from them, when I arrived home I lifted the bonnet to find all four headlight bolts missing Shocked p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #91096 6th Feb 2011 5:45 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I tried to buy a car from them, had cash in hand but told them that their car was blatently oerpriced compared to all the others found on the landrover approved website, as soon as i said this they basically said they dont want my custom and put the phone down.

The same people gave me an evaluation on my e90 330i 2k less than it was worth and there comment was they saw an e46 on autotrader for similar money Shocked doh

that said they are my local landrover dealer so i am giving there after sales a go... failing that I will be going to my next closest dealer that provide a somewhat similar service to Sytner! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #91111 6th Feb 2011 6:43 pm
ad210358

England 
Stratstone Clued Up on Freelander 2's

They now have this unique 2008 HSE model for sale.
HSE with half leather Shocked
Re tuned nose and chrome a Censored piece Shocked
Two different style of wheels Shocked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-LAND-ROVER-FREE...2c5c0cddaf

Post #98772 14th Apr 2011 8:28 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

re tuned nose = £1000 discount its lago in the last pic so another 1000 off At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #98777 14th Apr 2011 9:01 pm
dunroof

Looking at the photos, it's got one style of wheel one side and another on the other side, plus it looks like the last owner was self abusing himself on the drivers seat! Shocked

Post #98778 14th Apr 2011 9:13 pm
ad210358

England 

dunroof wrote:
Looking at the photos, it's got one style of wheel one side and another on the other side, plus it looks like the last owner was self abusing himself on the drivers seat! Shocked

Could be EY's old one then Whistle

Post #98780 14th Apr 2011 9:26 pm
taztastic

England 

I reckon its a cut n shut, from Ireland!!!

Post #98787 14th Apr 2011 11:12 pm
EYorkshire

ad210358 wrote:
dunroof wrote:

Could be EY's old one then Whistle

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
would you believe me if I said it was a clotted cream accident Idea

Post #98792 15th Apr 2011 7:27 am
realspeed

United Kingdom 

I had a similar experience with a Volvo dealership some years ago. After my parents died and their estate was finalised I came into enough money to buy a Volve 240 Estate. So I went into a dealership in South Wimbledon during my work break ( BT engineer) and the salesman came over and asked if there was something he could help with. I said I had a Volvo 145 estate that was getting on in years and wanted to buy a brand new Volvo 240 estate. The saleman said and these were his very words " Come back sonny when you have the money to buy one now go away" they cost around £7000 at the time.

I hit the roof and said to him who the hell does he think he is talking to, does he treat all customers the same way. At that moment the manager was comming down the stairs and heard my comment. So I went up to him and said he should sack that salesman as he had just lost that dealership the sale on a new car as I had the money and wanted to buy one.
I went up to another dealership in Banstead Surrey and purchased one from a young salesman who was getting married and gave me a good discount for cash. He said he would rather get some commission than none and every sale he made went towards saving for a house.

Realspeed Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #99005 17th Apr 2011 9:22 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I once went to but a ford fiesta sport 2nd hand, the salesman said he had just sold it but he had a lovely Austin Princess Rolling Eyes

I was once told by an Audi salesman to stop wasting his time as I clearly couldn't afford an A3 , I walked 20 yards across the showroom to the VW side and ordered a golf costing slightly more than the Audi I couldn't afford. I had to wait 9 mths for the car (first mk4 golf in the area) and when I collected it I was told that the Audi rep had been sacked due to poor personal skills Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #99009 17th Apr 2011 9:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>