Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > 57
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

So, lets here it from anyone and everyone who's going to be picking up a shiny new "57" plated FL2 on Saturday (yes Carl, even if it's going to have personalised plates). What times are you getting them and what plans have you got for the rest of the day?

After just over 6 weeks, I'm finally getting my write-off replacement, but not picking it up until 4:00pm, so I'm sure other members will beat me to it. I bet I won't even be the first member to be on their 2nd FL, as Carl's bound to get his before 4:00 Sad

Post #5908 31st Aug 2007 10:40 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Nightfox, are you getting an auto as well? I'll be anxious to hear from both of you. May be I should replace mine (i6) with a diesel Exclamation After my last test drive, when I got 7lt/100km Bow down Thumbs Up , I seriously consider that. After all the new ones may have less problems! So, both of you, keep as posted. I would really like to know how the auto behaves on the diesel... Although I guess you'll both be bussy for the next few days cherishing your new toys! Thumbs Up Very Happy

Post #5911 31st Aug 2007 12:05 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I did give serious consideration to the auto, but as I couldn't afford to wait any longer than absolutely necessary for a replacement vehicle and also wanted Tambora Flame again, I was limited to what was already available from the dealer network.

Even if I had had the choice, I'm still not sure which way I would have gone. If price and fuel consumption had been the same, I would certainly have gone for the auto. However, an extra £1300 (?) plus the significant drop if fuel economy would have made it a more difficult decision to make. In a way, I'm glad I had the choice made for me by what was available.

Post #5912 31st Aug 2007 12:21 pm
Pheasantplucker57

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Will pick up my Sumatra Black diesel auto on 8th Sept. A week to go and counting!!! Just as well, what with the problems I've had with insurance, though...four separate calls to elephant. Questions like - are there any modifications? I mentioned metallic paint, auto box, privacy glass, heated front screen. They asked, what kind of Auto box is it? How the Censored do I know? I don`t know what kind of cogs are in it!! What is the privacy glass for (I answered privacy!), what is the %age tint to the glass. Mad I told them that the additional extras are not modifications, but boy, do they take some convincing. I`m still not sure if the amended insurance certificate will contain the details that I discussed. Sorry that I went on a ramble!!Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #5913 31st Aug 2007 12:45 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Hi,

My 1st post on these forums! Very Happy

My 1st Landy was bought new Sept 01...and last month I swapped it for a shiney black FL2 Thumbs Up
Its fairly base-model-tastic (GS), with the Winter pack, Roofrails, 6disk CD, Privacy glass & (Fixed) towbar with dual step (Not pretty, but I need it to be functional!)

Any one managed to fit LED bulb replacements yet?? (Or should I ask this in the Mods/maintenance section?)
I replaced the CHMBL OK, an the rear indicators OK, but the Position markers are flashing about 5Hz. After a bit of digging aruind at work. I find out this is to do with "Bulb outage" testing, but I dont have this on my GS. I found the parameter that needs changing, and someone to do it, to enable "LED mode", but upon further digging, this was only adopted by Ford/Volvo (As the FL2 is the same CDeU electrical architecture), and not available on the FL2 Big Cry

Anyone know how I can fit the LED Sidelights/position/brake lights, without them flashing?? '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Last edited by mburton2 on 2nd Nov 2007 11:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #9437 2nd Nov 2007 11:03 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Hi and welcome mburton2

You may have a base-model-tastic GS ...include all the extras its vritually an SE Exclamation
Sorry cannot help with your other questions ....after the first paragraph i have no idea what your on about Laughing Confused Laughing far to techy for me Crying or Very sad good luck anyway Thumbs Up

Post #9442 2nd Nov 2007 11:28 pm
mburton2

Goldstone69 wrote:
Hi and welcome mburton2

You may have a base-model-tastic GS ...include all the extras its vritually an SE Exclamation

But 3k cheaper! Mr. Green

From memory, the SE has puddle-lamps & BlueToothphone thingy....so £3k well saved in my eyes.....I spent alot of time going through the options/costs before placing the order.... '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #9445 2nd Nov 2007 11:35 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Wish i had gone for the winterpack thats the Heated windscreen etc ? Asked for a price to retro fit it ££££££ ! a bit too pricey Sad

Post #9449 2nd Nov 2007 11:43 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

mburton2 wrote:
Goldstone69 wrote:
Hi and welcome mburton2

But 3k cheaper! Mr. Green

From memory, the SE has puddle-lamps & BlueToothphone thingy....so £3k well saved in my eyes.....I spent alot of time going through the options/costs before placing the order....

i thought about spec'ing up a lower car that the SE, i spoke to the garage and his view was i would spend all the money adding the extras on, but this it not recouped in the future resale value.

I do beleive you would get more, than a standard, but i opted for the ex-demo instead and saved money that way

Nice spec car though Thumbs Up

Post #9450 2nd Nov 2007 11:49 pm
mburton2

By the time I sell it....here will not be £3k difference between the two specs.. I got a 10% Employee discount....then spent it on the extras!

EDIT
Nearly forgot...I got the front parking sensors too! '57 FL2 GS

Post #9454 2nd Nov 2007 11:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1