Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Finally picked up our 11MY today!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cdn_downunder

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Lago Grey
Finally picked up our 11MY today!

After being delayed overseas due to SHMBO catching the flu in Canada, we've finally returned to Australia and picked up our brand spanking new FL2 SD4!

We took a punt on Lago Grey and Diamond Turned wheels as there were no examples of either at any dealer when we ordered it back in October and I have to say I am very happy with both choices (the Oberon door handles & Titan grill surround are another matter - not sure why they didn't use a matching colour here, perhaps the same as the badging?).

Looks great, drives great, lots of get up and go on the highway and love the command seating position!

Our road trip up north was cancelled due to our late return and some flooding you may have heard about but we're headed South down to Melbourne on Sunday, hopefully we can find somewhere along the way to get it dirty.

Thumbs Up 11MY SE SD4 in Lago Grey just arrived with a free Garmin thrown in! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship (I'm an eternal optimist, and former FL1 owner)!

Post #89996 28th Jan 2011 5:44 am
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Sounds great Thumbs Up
How about putting some pics up then?

Post #89997 28th Jan 2011 7:16 am
cdn_downunder

AiiEEX wrote:
Sounds great Thumbs Up
How about putting some pics up then?

Will get it out in the sun for a few photos tomorrow! 11MY SE SD4 in Lago Grey just arrived with a free Garmin thrown in! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship (I'm an eternal optimist, and former FL1 owner)!

Post #90022 28th Jan 2011 12:36 pm
jaksbak@freel2

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

It's evidently a slow boat to get downunder. You ordered in Oct and picked up in Jan, I ordered in December and have been told it "might" be ready late April. By ordering with 17" wheels and All Terrain Tyres, it apparently has to be made from ground up!
FYI - the water has all gone and Queensland is now open again, so don't forget to head this way - next time maybe?? There are stacks of places to go offroading and despite the rumours, there aren't snakes, crocodiles and spiders all over the place. It's the tropics up here and so it rains a lot. It just hasn't rained much for the last decade so it was a bit of a shock to most people!
How is the "Free" Garmin? Somebody mentioned elsewhere that they don't have easy access to the SD card slot or USB port for future map upgrades.

Post #90081 29th Jan 2011 6:40 am
cdn_downunder

Pics

Just posted a couple pics of the new car and dealer installed Garmin. Heading off on a road trip today so will take some more pics in a prettier location and post soon. 11MY SE SD4 in Lago Grey just arrived with a free Garmin thrown in! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship (I'm an eternal optimist, and former FL1 owner)!

Post #90160 29th Jan 2011 11:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1