Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Damaged driver seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I followed the instructions to the letter, took my time and did not rush it and the results were poor at best. i would like to see a pro use one of these kits and see what results they could get. I dont think they would be up to much but you never know.

Post #89889 27th Jan 2011 1:57 am
EXPENCELANDER

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I am a Pro and the results at a glance that I get are invisible, but which of the 2 items have you used... the Adhesive or the Repair Kit?
(please be aware that calling a branded product that has been sold by the thousands to the trade and private customers successfully for over 25 years as "Crap" could have legal consequences). Offset your Carbon emissions by boycotting Baked Beans and all Green Vegitables.

Post #89928 27th Jan 2011 4:12 pm
Dead-Rat

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black

Quick update.... After chasing up the dealers again i have been told that they have been given the OK to replace the seat and the part is on order Smile SD4 Sports LE Black ...

Post #90922 5th Feb 2011 1:19 pm
dunroof

Is it the whole seat or just the cover? normally, just the covering.

Post #90929 5th Feb 2011 3:32 pm
Dead-Rat

I don't know .......as long as its repaired I don't care SD4 Sports LE Black ...

Post #91056 6th Feb 2011 11:42 am
Dead-Rat

Panic over...the seat has been repaired. The team at Landrover Newcastle have replaced the cover and gave the car a full valet. Received a great service from the garage Thumbs Up SD4 Sports LE Black ...

Post #92400 18th Feb 2011 7:27 pm
Do-little

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Cracked driver seat...will they? or won't they??

A newbie to the forum Rolling Eyes, first post (so please control yourselves Bow down )

Thanks for all the informed and intelligent comments that helped us (actualy me) make a decision to buy the FL2 about a year ago.

I still have this silly grin every time I drive it, even my lady allows herself to complement the car from time to time.

A few weeks ago to my horror I discovered a crack in my driver's seat right side (I wanted to post an image but am still green to the posting business Confused )

The first thing I did, after seeing the damaged seat, was to log into this forum to see if this issue was a known one and what would be LR's reaction when claiming warranty.

Luckily we purchased extended warranty.

Seeing other members experiences with this issue left me unsure as to the likely outcome...I was ready for a fight!

In preparation, I left the Freel2 forum page discussing this issue on my IPad, as I figured it may short circuit the discussion if the service guy at the dealership could see that it is not an isolated event.

Well, I was hyped up on the way to the service and ready to go on the offensive.

What was the first thing the service guy said to me when he saw the crack? You guessed it correctly.."it was CUT!"

After a few back and forth exchanges I pulled the IPad (set up a WiFi hub with my 3G Iphone app) and showed him the discussion and the service note from LR addressing this issue.

At all times Chris, from Trivett’s (Alexandria, Sydney) customer service was courteous and offered to send the damaged seat pictures and the LR service note reference to the local LR HQ ofice for comments.

While I was waiting for them to finish other jobs on the car I was sure I was likely to get a negative answer.

To my delight and surprise I was advised that in 3 weeks I’ll get a call and a new seat will be installed.

Wow, not having to argue, or fight...what a relief.

So far I had only good experiences with Trivett, and they deserve this plug.

...the first post is the longest...(la, la, la) Freelander 2; TD4; HSE; 09

Post #93236 25th Feb 2011 6:23 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12