« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > are they for real.... WEBUYANYCAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
pcheaven

United Kingdom 
are they for real.... WEBUYANYCAR

Just for kicks, and to relieve work realted boredom...

I did an online valuation for my beloved FL2

2006 SE, 38,000 Miles, FSH, MOT, Manual, in Tambora Flame - the VERY BEST COLOUR

and they offered a massive ..... £14675 !!!

I only paid £15,000 in December 2009 from the Stealer ( just joking, great service really) in Lewes

So given the LR Extras, Rear TV's, Roof rails, Towbar, & LR Cycle carrier, I have, it must be worth more!!
Happy days - If I wanted to sell.

[img][/img] 

Post #87778 13th Jan 2011 9:14 am
weirdfish

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

And I absolutely guarantee you won't get that when you go to one of their sites.

It's an estimate to get you to the professional tyre kickers. For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87779 13th Jan 2011 9:17 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

I agree - bl00dy "Bar stewards"

still, would be interested to hear their excuses ................... 

Post #87781 13th Jan 2011 9:21 am
weirdfish

well your extras will be worthless for a start. Rolling Eyes For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87782 13th Jan 2011 9:31 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

From a forum member who used them

nickmak wrote:
jojim65 wrote:
I would be very interested in your experience of webuyanycar....tempted to do the same with my wifes fiat 500

Contrary to a lot of negative feedback on we buy any car, I had a really good experience. Here's how it went:

I got a quote last Thursday from them of 19,250 given the mileage and the small dent on the lower tailgate. I was pretty surprised by the price because I was expecting about 16-17k as the glasses guide had given me that figure. I went down to LPR but unfortunately Jeremy couldn't match the quote I'd received and gave me an explanation why. He told me to go for it so I booked the appointment on a Sunday morning.

When the day came, I drove down to their Enfield site which was in CarCraft (Apparently they are a subsidiary of CarCraft after much digging up!) and was 'ushered' to their office. I waited for about 5 minutes for them to print off all my details and prepare for the inspection. The lady then asked me to show her the Disco. I had previously detailed the car so the paintwork was pristine so I think that made a good first impression. They are pretty sharp eyed as the lady noted two small dents which I had missed on the rear offside door. She then asked me to turn the engine on and looked around the engine compartment. The FBH turned on all of a sudden and she looked at the white smoke coming out and was about to make a note of it but I told her what it was and she left it.

That was the inspection done. Went back to the office and she made a few changes to the original quote and from 19,250 it dropped to 18,800 which I was expecting from them anyway. It was a big drop but was still nowhere near as low as glasses guide. I was actually prepared to leave it there and then but I asked them for some help if they can waive some of their admin charges. They gave me an extra 50 quid which was alright I guess and secured the deal there. I was given a few documents stating that I've sold my vehicle so on and so forth. All in all it took about 45 mins.

Here's a breakdown of the prices they would take out for each extra defect:

1) Each mile extra you've travelled = £0.10
2) A dent the size of a penny = £50
3) A dent the size of half a penny = £39
4) Scratch down to basecoat = £32
5) Admin Charge = £71.99
6) Next Working Day Payment (CHAPS) = £24.75

That's all I managed to see on the computer screen there. I guess if you bring in an expensive motor you get treated much better. Most people who've gotten bad service have gone in with old bangers which tbh I don't think they'd want it anyway.

Sorry for the long post but I hope this is helps you out with your 500 sale!

Nick Thumbs Up
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #87784 13th Jan 2011 9:54 am
weirdfish

My comment was based on experience when I just wanted a quick sale of late Fathers car. I can confirm that it was very professional and I had no bother, although they went over the car with a nuclear microscope and its amazing how quickly those imperfection deductions mount up, regardless of how much you've declared.

The online quote is designed to get you there, and once there there's a good chance you'll take the drop in price, which is fine, but if your financial calculations are a bit tight, it can make a difference.

That said, I think I would still rather take a small drop with them than the agro that you open yourself up for if you sell private.

'ring ring' hello
is the car still for sale?
yes
well-I'm from unknown-car-sellers.com and we have buyers for your car........

or

Can we go out yet?
No the guy was s'posed to be here an hour ago!

Sound familiar?? For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87793 13th Jan 2011 10:15 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

weirdfish wrote:
My comment was based on experience when I just wanted a quick sale of late Fathers car. I can confirm that it was very professional and I had no bother, although they went over the car with a nuclear microscope and its amazing how quickly those imperfection deductions mount up, regardless of how much you've declared.

The online quote is designed to get you there, and once there there's a good chance you'll take the drop in price, which is fine, but if your financial calculations are a bit tight, it can make a difference.

That said, I think I would still rather take a small drop with them than the agro that you open yourself up for if you sell private.

'ring ring' hello
is the car still for sale?
yes
well-I'm from unknown-car-sellers.com and we have buyers for your car........

or

Can we go out yet?
No the guy was s'posed to be here an hour ago!

Sound familiar??

agreed, however whenever I sell a car, I only agree times to suite me, and never wait more than 5 minutes pasl agreed time, unless they called whilst en route...
Life is too short - death to all tyre kickers... 

Post #87794 13th Jan 2011 10:27 am
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I raised this very question on the caravan forum I am a member of. You can read it here (no need to join!!!):

http://www.caravantalk.org.uk/topic/43512-...-any-good/

It seems to me that they are genuine.

They won't give top prices but it is a quick and easy way to offload a vehicle at or close to the book trading figure.

They do knock your online quotation doen if they find that the car is not exactly as described as has been mentioned already.

I am selling my Nissan X-Trail privately but if it gets close to the delivery date of my new FL2 then I will certainly see what they would offer and if it is within £500 of their online quote then I will use them.

Post #87802 13th Jan 2011 11:27 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

PaulC wrote:
I raised this very question on the caravan forum I am a member of. You can read it here (no need to join!!!):

http://www.caravantalk.org.uk/topic/43512-...-any-good/

It seems to me that they are genuine.

They won't give top prices but it is a quick and easy way to offload a vehicle at or close to the book trading figure.

They do knock your online quotation doen if they find that the car is not exactly as described as has been mentioned already.

I am selling my Nissan X-Trail privately but if it gets close to the delivery date of my new FL2 then I will certainly see what they would offer and if it is within £500 of their online quote then I will use them.

Caravan ??,

I am sorry I dont understand, what is a caravan ?
Rolling with laughter 

Post #87803 13th Jan 2011 11:32 am
weirdfish

pcheaven wrote:

I am sorry I dont understand, what is a caravan ?
Rolling with laughter

not sure myself but Oxford Dictionary says it's pronounced sh-cane

Razz For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87805 13th Jan 2011 11:43 am
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

yes there will buy any car, but only at a low enough price so they can make a very good return on it. Its called business Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
If you don't what the hassle in selling your car, having tyre kickers round, endless phone call etc. they will BUY ANY CAR At a lost to you and a win to them. you take your choose Bow down Bow down

Post #87836 13th Jan 2011 8:43 pm
weirdfish

The same can be said if you use the car in part ex.

For me personally, I tend to accept the extra loss by trading in as it offers a simple seamless solution to changing your car. Usually, anyway.

I think Webuyanycar and other such places offer an easier way to change your car if you want to buy private. Obviously this comes at a cost. For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #87841 13th Jan 2011 9:00 pm
dunroof

Very true Fishey!

Post #87845 13th Jan 2011 9:06 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

I agree with fishy and roofy Bow down

Post #87880 14th Jan 2011 12:27 am
dunroof

Thanks Pauly.

Post #87888 14th Jan 2011 6:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top