Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Roofrails fitting kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
petefeet

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
Roofrails fitting kit

Hi
I'm new to the forum although I've had my FL2 S since Sept 08. All is good with it and its a lot cheaper to run that the Forester I used to have.

Now, have just bought a set of rails off Ebay where one rail is broken...you might have seen them....£21 from Duckworths and with bit of TIG welding they'll be as new. Only problem is there's no fitting instructions with them and i've searched the forum and the links that were there about this don't seem to work....

Anybody got a set they can scan and PM me? petefeet at mac dot com? thanks. And that steering wheel mod is the next thing to do when i can find a steering wheel on ebay. Us S drivers need these tweaks to stop us feeling inferior!
thanks
pete

Post #87796 13th Jan 2011 10:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pcheaven

United Kingdom 
Re: Roofrails fitting kit

petefeet wrote:
Hi
I'm new to the forum although I've had my FL2 S since Sept 08. All is good with it and its a lot cheaper to run that the Forester I used to have.

Now, have just bought a set of rails off Ebay where one rail is broken...you might have seen them....£21 from Duckworths and with bit of TIG welding they'll be as new. Only problem is there's no fitting instructions with them and i've searched the forum and the links that were there about this don't seem to work....

Anybody got a set they can scan and PM me? petefeet at mac dot com? thanks. And that steering wheel mod is the next thing to do when i can find a steering wheel on ebay. Us S drivers need these tweaks to stop us feeling inferior!
thanks
pete

try here

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp 

Post #87797 13th Jan 2011 10:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

you should be able to find them via the owners info site

select the FL2, year and then accessories

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

EDIT: must type faster whilst taking phone calls Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #87798 13th Jan 2011 10:50 am
petefeet

thanks both - now have them. problem was that firefox had blocked the download - all i was seeing before was a blank screen!. How do people who aren't computer savvy get on these days?

pete

Post #87800 13th Jan 2011 11:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

when you click the link, I get a bar drop down saying firefox prevented... with a options box on the right, click that and allow pop up boxes from the owners info site Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #87809 13th Jan 2011 12:25 pm
dunroof

There are leather steering wheels on ebay, just the price aint great - 399. That said it's roughly the RRP. Your chances of getting a second hand one are nil. I've only ever seen one come up and it went pricey. Try e-mailing dealers, you never know.

Good luck with the roof rails. I'd have thourght there would be an inherent weakness repairing them and from memory of the auction, a few fixings were missing?

Post #87810 13th Jan 2011 12:32 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

when you says steering wheel mod

What are you planning, upgrading the steering wheel to leather one, of adding switches for things like the radio/cruise control etc Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #87811 13th Jan 2011 12:52 pm
petefeet

not sure about that inherent weakness thing - properly welded it should be as strong as it was before. but i guess we'll see; its not as is i'm going to have loads of gear up there, just sheets of ply etc. Its broken at the front just after the foot and before the rail so it can't be that strong there anyway!

and yes, some fittings were missing but i'd say only the bolts which the fitting instructions (now that i have them) specify. There are a couple of bobbin type fixings missing too (the front fixings) so a call to Gatwick Land Rover is in order. Its also the sunroof model which sounds as though its going to be quieter than the other one; bit of a result! Mind you, it hasn't gone on yet.

And on the steering wheel mod, I saw the post that added the audio controls, (and cruise control) so thought I'd do that too if I can source the parts.

And finally, a retrofit Terrain Response would be nice. I'm not entirely sure what that adds to the car; we had plenty of snow down here and i never had a problem; same with mud when pulling out a laden pig trailer; and i'm running Wranglers as stock. What really does it add? or is that a post all on its own?
cheers
pete

Post #87901 14th Jan 2011 10:54 am
devondave

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I have tried the link to Owner Information, given by NPINKS, just to try it for
future information. I was able to select Vehicle Type, Freelander 2, but got
no response when trying 'Select a Document Type'. No warnings or error msg.
Any ideas.

Post #87904 14th Jan 2011 11:21 am
dunroof

There is a steering wheel remote for the audio on Ebay just now.

Think it's under 'Discovery 3' for a seach, but then the RR, Disco or obviously FL ones will fit, well the recent ones anyway, but you'll see a photo on the advert. The one thing to watch for is there is a very slight colour difference between different model years. The recent ones are a bit more silver grey.

The audio controls are a simple plug and play. The cruise control needs someone with a faultmate to enable it like 10forcash on this or the D3 forum. Dealers will tell you it's not possible, maybe with their equipment, but otherwise it's not true.

Post #87909 14th Jan 2011 12:06 pm
dunroof

There, even done the hard work for you!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic60569.html?highlight=

Post #87946 14th Jan 2011 4:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1