« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Sony Ericsson W580i Mobile
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

Sony Ericsson W580i Mobile

Big Cry
Her Ladyship now uses the G4 iPhone, so last night she set me a new year's task, it is as follows:

Here's my old 'phone (the SE W580i) please capture all the pictures on there and save on the iBook. No problem thought I - wrong. The blinking SE refuses to transfer its "Album" file across to the MAC. Banging Head

The only data disc supplied with the SE is a "PC Suite" - not much use re the MAC. However I've never had the need with other mobile 'phones (Nokia, Blackberry) to import such a "suite" onto the iBook. Before its just been USB connect plug n go via "iBook Preview" and Bob's ya uncle pixs downloaded and safely stored.

So please can anybody with experience of the SE W580i give me an idiots guide to the secret of unlocking and transfer her pixs which are located in her album on her SE W580i.

Many Thanks
ps: Her mobile and the album or not locked or individually password protected. I can see into the album and each photo therein.

Post #86665 6th Jan 2011 10:05 am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Hi

connect the phone via Bluetooth with the Mac.
(See Bluetooth menu… configure new BT Hardware…)

In the Finder menu… click the BT icon (when activated), in that menu you will find under devices the SE W580i… click it … you see 3 menus I think it's called Connect to device… if done you do see all directories and subdirectories of the SE phone. Just drag and drop the files to your Mac you need.

At least for my SE S500i and P1i it worked. Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Post #86745 6th Jan 2011 9:27 pm
athelstan

cyberhusky
Many thanks for the clarity of your excellent advice and IT expertise. Appreciated.

Yesterday in my frustration (and not being blessed with a natural instinct for IT) I exported them (mail) from her SE to my Blackberry, and then imported them onto the MAC. Cumbersome but it worked.

However, your route is more efficient and professional, and so I have noted that for the future. Cheers. Thumbs Up

Post #86828 7th Jan 2011 12:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1