« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Crunched it.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey
Crunched it.

Backed our FL2 into a fence post and have nicely stoved in the rear quarter panel, broken the light cluster and knackered the bumper. Fortunately going to an LR approved bodyshop but think it will need a new quarter panel. Anyone know how invasive this is and will the body strength be maintained? Not having a good month wrt cars!

Post #86566 5th Jan 2011 6:42 pm
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Ouch, hope you get it fixed OK freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #86582 5th Jan 2011 8:45 pm
dunroof

It will be fine. Repairs are very good these days in all honesty. Bit of a downer, can't you blame the dog and/or wife? I know they are normally to blame for all my woes. The Anti Christ in female form. I am still looking for the three 6's in her scalp.

Post #86588 5th Jan 2011 8:59 pm
zoey

United States 

dunroof's permanent sleeping arangements Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #86594 5th Jan 2011 9:12 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

dunroof wrote:
It will be fine. Repairs are very good these days in all honesty. Bit of a downer, can't you blame the dog and/or wife? I know they are normally to blame for all my woes. The Anti Christ in female form. I am still looking for the three 6's in her scalp.

They are if they are done properly which often is NOT the case with so called "insurance Approved Bodyshops" unfortunately! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #86596 5th Jan 2011 9:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dunroof

Zoey, past the point of caring. At least I'd get a good sleep instead of the baby kicking me in the head at 3am when Satans Bride brings him into bed.

Post #86635 5th Jan 2011 11:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about this mojo

Hope the repairs go well Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #86638 5th Jan 2011 11:20 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

FYI a year or so ago someone (unknown) put a hefty dent into my rear offside bumper. LR Approved Bodyshop estimate c.£920, new bumper etc . Month later some other unknown put a small dent in the adjacent rear quarter panel. Managed to get both done under one claim but cost rose to £2000, latter knocked out, filled and qtr/door painted. Good luck! Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #86642 6th Jan 2011 12:13 am
mojo

Cheers all. EV, knew I could count on you for an upbeat response! The repairer is jag and LR approved and my dealer uses them for all their work so hopefully they know what they are doing. They sounded good on the phone anyway and as luck would have it they are one of my insurer's approved repairers as well so no probs with courtesy car. Dunroof, I can blame the wife as she was driving but as it's her first ever accident in 23 years of driving am cutting her some slack (especially as I did the same thing to our other car 4 weeks ago)!

Post #86644 6th Jan 2011 12:18 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

Executive Valeter wrote:
dunroof wrote:

They are if they are done properly which often is NOT the case with so called "insurance Approved Bodyshops" unfortunately!

I agree, my disco 2 was repaired at an insurance approved workshop ( direct line insurers at the time ) and it was never the same, the workmanship was horrendous.

Iain

Post #86672 6th Jan 2011 11:50 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Crunched it.

mojo wrote:
Backed our FL2 into a fence post and have nicely stoved in the rear quarter panel, broken the light cluster and knackered the bumper. Fortunately going to an LR approved bodyshop but think it will need a new quarter panel. Anyone know how invasive this is and will the body strength be maintained? Not having a good month wrt cars!

Oh no not good, it will probably be the first bit to go rusty as a dealer said to me, quote "we never seem to be able to rust proof it as good as the factory can" best go for a new car. I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #86720 6th Jan 2011 7:29 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

mojo wrote:

It will be fine, changing a rear quarter panel is nothing serious these days. Anyway, wheres the pics!

Executive Valeter wrote:
dunroof wrote:

They are if they are done properly which often is NOT the case with so called "insurance Approved Bodyshops" unfortunately!

He is going to an 'LR' approved bodyshop, not one of these 'insurance approved bodyshops. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #86728 6th Jan 2011 8:19 pm
Mav71

Re: Crunched it.

Mona Geeza wrote:
mojo wrote:

Oh no not good, it will probably be the first bit to go rusty as a dealer said to me, quote "we never seem to be able to rust proof it as good as the factory can" best go for a new car.

I disagree, it all depends on the dealer. I had a rear quarter panel on a Vectra estate back in 2000 when it was three months old, it never went rusty.

Well if I am being totally honest, it had both front wings, both drivers side doors, passenger front door, drivers side rear quarter, front bumper, rear bumper, 2 alloys, one subframe, two front suspension arms. I think that was about it. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #86729 6th Jan 2011 8:21 pm
mojo

MAV71 - Will post a pic once I see the damage properly in the daylight (haven't had time for a good look yet, only at night under street lights). One bodyshop my wife took it to for a visual quote said new quarter panel and bumper. The bodyshop we are using did say that I would be surprised what they can do without cutting these days but as they hadn't seen it would reserve judgement. Estimator due out in next few days so will see what he says. The bodyshop it is going to pretty much majors on Jaguar / Land Rover work now and is moving away from insurance jobs so hopefully it will be an up to scratch repair.

Post #86759 6th Jan 2011 10:21 pm
Mav71

mojo wrote:
MAV71 - Will post a pic once I see the damage properly in the daylight (haven't had time for a good look yet, only at night under street lights). One bodyshop my wife took it to for a visual quote said new quarter panel and bumper. The bodyshop we are using did say that I would be surprised what they can do without cutting these days but as they hadn't seen it would reserve judgement. Estimator due out in next few days so will see what he says. The bodyshop it is going to pretty much majors on Jaguar / Land Rover work now and is moving away from insurance jobs so hopefully it will be an up to scratch repair.

If it is LR approved then it will be fine. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #86949 7th Jan 2011 9:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>