« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Buyers Advice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RalphyBMW

United Kingdom 
Buyers Advice?

Hi, we are looking for a low mileage diesel HSE auto. I am a bit confused by the model year changes, is there any information available on what changed and when?

Also aside from the usual stuff to look out for when buying any used car, what in particular should one look for on a Freelander 2? Are there any common faults, or known issues?

Is the SD4 engine a big improvement over the TD4?

How good is the rear seat entertainment system?

I understand an iPod lead is available, giving some degree of control over the iPod through the stereo, this is very important to us, any opinions, especially in comparison with Parrot kits?

Most importantly, if you were replacing your Freelander, would you get another, or do you have any regrets, either for not getting a different marque, or regrets associated with your particular specification?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Post #85648 28th Dec 2010 4:20 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I've just changed my 2007 Freelander 2 SE for a 2011 Freelander 2 XS so yes I did buy another. I went for the TD4 Manual as Road Tax is £155 per year and fuel economy is better and it was cheaper. 0 - 60 time for a TD4 is about 2 seconds slower than an SD4. MY11 XS is virtually identical to the 2007 SE in terms of spec, only real difference was the SE had a sunroof, on the XS it was extra.

SD4 only came out with the MY11 which was launched in Sep 10. I doubt there'll be many HSE auto around yet unless you pick up an ex-demonstrator or possibly an ex-Experience Centre one which are all SD4 Auto.

No known issues currently, early models (2007) had problems with sunroofs and aux heaters but this should not affect later models.

There is an iPod lead available but I believe it's quite expensive but have no real knowledge of it.

Post #85656 28th Dec 2010 5:30 pm
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

i owned 2 cars previous to this one both of which were 3 litre bmw's, never regreted swapping for one minute Thumbs Up freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #85677 28th Dec 2010 8:37 pm
RalphyBMW

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys, anything to watch out for? 2005 Honda CR-V 2.0i Executive Auto
2006 Renault Clio 2.0i RenaultSport 197

Post #85702 28th Dec 2010 11:21 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

currently have a HSE Auto and and will be getting rid of it in April 2011 ..................... for a HSE Auto (SD4 this time around)

As stated already SD4 has only been around for a couple of months but if you trawl through the LR dealerships you wiill see quite a few SD4 HSE Auto's knocking around, but expect to pay between £35-40K!

IPOD connection is a waste of money. even the LR dealer for my new one has said that, basically I am led to believe that it allows you to control the volume and tracks through the steering wheel buttons but i may be wrong. There is a socket in the centre console for connecting an IPOD anyway the only drawback is that you would have to use the IPOD for volume etc.

FL2 is a fantastic car, it has its niggles but what car doesnt? The only drawback is the dealerships that tend to be a bit of a mixed bag, dont get me wrong there are good ones but unfortunately there seems to be more bad ones (out of 3 dealers I have used I would only ever go back to one of them!) Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #85708 29th Dec 2010 2:04 am
RalphyBMW

United Kingdom 

Thanks, disappointing about the iPod kit, especially as most aftermarket kits are integrated with a bluetooth phone kit which is already standard on the Freelander.

Any must have options or accessories to look out for? 2005 Honda CR-V 2.0i Executive Auto
2006 Renault Clio 2.0i RenaultSport 197

Post #85719 29th Dec 2010 10:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1