Home > General > Freelander 2 Price Released
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
jordan

United Kingdom 
Freelander 2 Price Released

PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS ANNOUNCED FOR THE ALL-NEW FREELANDER 2

Gaydon, Warwickshire, 19 September 2006 – Land Rover today releases prices on the all-new Freelander 2, starting from £20,935 and rising to £33,990, on the road.

Set to go on-sale at the end of this year, the Freelander 2 was first seen at the British International Motor Show 2006 in London. The vehicle is all-new from the tyres upwards and sets new standards for compact SUVs, with class-leading breadth of capability, a fresh and dynamic design, Terrain Response™ and two new engines – a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel and a 3.2-litre straight-six petrol.

The Freelander 2 range starts with the entry-level TD4 S diesel at £20,935 rising to the i6 HSE petrol at £33,990 on the road. The complete list of prices and specifications are as follows:

TRIM LEVEL
HEADLINE EQUIPMENT AS STANDARD
PRICE

(including CO2 off-set for 45,000 miles)

TD4 S
2.2-litre TD4 diesel engine, 16" alloy wheels, Land Rover tyre repair system, locking wheel nuts, six-speed manual transmission, halogen headlamps, heated exterior mirrors, air conditioning, manual six-way adjustable driver’s seat, CD player, six speakers.
£20,935

TD4 GS
As above plus: 17" six-spoke alloy wheels, Terrain Response™, automatic lights, driver information centre, rear park distance control, automatic windscreen wipers, power-fold mirrors, cruise control, luggage cover, steering wheel audio controls, climate control, headlamp power wash, front fog lamps.
£23,435

TRIM LEVEL
HEADLINE EQUIPMENT AS STANDARD
PRICE

(including CO2 off-set for 45,000 miles)

TD4 XS
As above plus: 17" ten-spoke alloy wheels, front footwell lamps, front door puddle lamps, front and rear park distance control, personal telephone integration system, Alpine stereo system, nine speakers, electric front seats.
£25,485

TD4 SE
As above plus: electric sun-roof, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, navigation system, full colour touch screen with traffic message channel, six-disc in-dash CD changer, heated front seats.
£28,485

TD4 HSE
As above plus: 18" 12-spoke alloy wheels, exterior mirror memory function, climate control with automatic recirculation and humidity sensing, front and rear carpet mats, Dolby 'pro-logic 2' 7.1 surround sound, 14 speakers, leather seat facings, leather steering wheel, driver’s seat memory function.
£30,935

i6 GS
As TD4 GS plus: 3.2-litre i6 petrol engine, twin tail pipes, command shift six-speed automatic transmission.
£26,490

i6 XS
As above plus: 17" ten-spoke alloy wheels, front footwell lamps, front door puddle lamps, front and rear park distance control, personal telephone integration system, Alpine stereo system, nine speakers, electric front seats,
£28,540

i6 SE
As above plus: electric sun-roof, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, navigation system, full colour touch screen with traffic message channel, six-disc in-dash CD changer, heated front seats.
£31,540

i6 HSE
As above plus: twin tail pipes with bright finish, 18"

12-spoke alloy wheels, exterior mirror memory function, climate control with automatic recirculation and humidity sensing, front and rear carpet mats, Dolby 'pro-logic 2' 7.1 surround sound, 14 speakers, leather seat facings, leather steering wheel, driver’s seat memory function.
£33,990

Post #613 19th Sep 2006 8:33 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

I know you'll get all the toys in the 33K Freelander but give me a Discovery 3 'S' anyday for the same money Shocked

Far more vehicle for the cash along with 7 seats, Air Suspension, real off road prowess etc etc. Worlds best for the same as the baby of the family.

Unless you need a small SUV it doesn't make for good VFM.

Well, thats what I think anyway.

Post #614 19th Sep 2006 9:10 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Horses for courses Simon, if you don't need the space, why pay for it. The Fl2 will be more economic, faster as well as being capable offroad enough for 99% of owners.

It wouldn't get me out of my D3, but it may possibly do so for my parents.

Post #615 20th Sep 2006 1:20 pm
K1W1

No mention of Auto Trans in any of the diesels so I guess the stories about no diesel autos until mid 2007 must be true.
Evil or Very Mad

Post #617 20th Sep 2006 2:23 pm
vectis

United Kingdom 

Link to full pricelist
http://www.landrover.com/Microsites/FL2Mic...T06_UK.pdf

Post #623 22nd Sep 2006 12:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer

United Kingdom 

Auto box shows as an option on all the diesels 

Post #624 22nd Sep 2006 3:42 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

But I have a feeling its not available for a while.

Remember the farce around the PTi for the D3 ??? Would be in my D3 if it was available when I ordered. Now too expensive to dealer fit and not have on the finance.

Post #625 22nd Sep 2006 6:18 pm
SN

England 

If (when?) I am forced to downsize - I'll need an Auto Rolling Eyes Steve N | 21MY Defender (on order) | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)

Post #626 22nd Sep 2006 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Price List

Good Stuff. Anything else of interest in the FL2 "microsite"...i cannot access this. Thanks!

k

Post #627 22nd Sep 2006 8:41 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

Go to the LR GB site and you should be able too.

Can be accessed from LR Global site too and then select region - www.landrover.com

Post #629 22nd Sep 2006 9:50 pm
MudAllOverIt

Slimer wrote:
Auto box shows as an option on all the diesels

As noted by simon it's not going to be available for a while -- LR themselves were quoting "Spring 2007" in the UK launch presentation at the Motorshow.

I take that to mean April at the earliest (extremely unlikely based on past experience). Much more likely IMHO to be nearer the end of the June (after all Spring doesn't officially finish until 21st June) Confused Razz Wink Bill

'97 Land Rover 300Tdi Defender 90 "Big Red" - Never Clean
'78 Triumph Spitfire 2500 - Much Modified
'76 Triumph 2000TC Saloon - Forever Original
ex V6 Freelander owner not interested in another shiny Land Rover at the moment

Post #630 25th Sep 2006 1:46 pm
K1W1

MudAllOverIt wrote:
I take that to mean April at the earliest (extremely unlikely based on past experience). Much more likely IMHO to be nearer the end of the June (after all Spring doesn't officially finish until 21st June) Confused Razz Wink

Spring 2007 in Australia doesn't end until 30 November and 2007 doesn't end until midnight on 31 December so there is plenty of time there for LR to play with.
After all LR did not define which country they were talking about when they said "Spring".
Very Happy

Post #632 29th Sep 2006 9:17 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

So affordable prices Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #315142 12th Jan 2017 11:37 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

It's looking good - a proper new LR for < £21,000 Thumbs Up I think I'll have one of those when they come out, at least they've stopped making them look like bars of soap.

Or, maybe not! Big Cry

Last edited by Tigger on 16th Jan 2017 9:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #315149 13th Jan 2017 8:00 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

funny how fl2 is now refered to a proper LR, at launch it was seen as a glossy fake.

no such thing as a 'proper' LR they are different allround. some old and uncomfortable, some new and comfortable At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #315158 13th Jan 2017 9:58 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>