Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Do you know how high up you are?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Do you know how high up you are?

Most people like roof rails I think.[/quote]

The standard car is 5ft 9 1/2 inches high 1765mm (with sat nav roof pod) and with roof rails its 6ft high 1830mm. Just wondered out of interest how many drivers of Freelander 2s know the height of their car as I use one multi storey carpark where the headroom is 5ft 11 inches max, giving me 1 1/2 inches clearance but if I had roof rails ouch!
My sister has a Freelender 2 also and she said she hasnt any idea and just flies into the carparks, fortunately its not become a convertible as yet. Rolling Eyes I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #85018 21st Dec 2010 4:29 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I nearly took out the top of mine when parking at work... although I don’t think I could be blamed for it as part of the underground car park is lower than the entrance... At one point I did not realise and just reversed in, it wasn’t until I had a look afterwards that I realised I have about 15mm before I would have hit the top!!!! Shocked

Ever since then, I always check through the glass roof and the height before I go in.... if its below 6' I try and avoid or at least go with caution!!! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #85024 21st Dec 2010 4:43 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have a note on my iPhone with the data

as when your in some town somewhere and your thinking how high is it, before trying to drive in a quick look can help

shame they don't say how wide the bays are as well, some are a stupidly small, one recently has 12" concrete supports some when you drive in you couldn't get out the passenger door Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #85038 21st Dec 2010 5:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1