Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Royal Mail are doing themselves no favours!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Royal Mail are doing themselves no favours!

I hope there are no Freelander 2 driving Postmen on here!! No seriously the posties do an amazing job, getting up at the crack of dawn and braving all weathers to ensure those Censored bills and tax demands arrive at our doors in good time.

My annoyance is with the mail centres where all of our xmas presents seem to sit for weeks on end. I ordered some xmas presents on 6th December and they were posted on the 7th December and arrived at Manchester's Mail Centre on the 7th ................... where it has sat to this day!! I know that there is a backlog but how come things that I ordered last week have been delivered by Royal Mail this week?? Do they get the new parcels and put them on top of the backlog??? The annoying thing is that this parcel I am waiting for actually has presents for 5 people and before someone says "should have got your arse off the sofa and visited the shops!" I only purchased on line because it was cheaper than the high street store of the same name!!!

Seems as though there are going to be a lot of disappointed people this xmas, i pity the parents who have ordered present online for their kids, how do you tell a 5 year old that santa is running late coz of the snow??

Post #84995 21st Dec 2010 2:22 pm
ttc546

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Remember the recent strikes by RM over modernisation? ......

Got a lovely Xmas card from my actual postie yesterday. Have never had one from a postman before! Chris

Post #84997 21st Dec 2010 2:26 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

yes that's exactly what happens, they try and keep on top of the new stuff and work away at the backlog on overtime.................done that for years.

ps so what happens is that if there is more and more new stuff coming in, like it is now, then the backlog takes much longer to get through.

all to do with targets and performance management in the Royal Mail.

Iain

Post #85009 21st Dec 2010 3:17 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Ordered some of Mrs Dave's crimbo prezzies from Amazon, dispatched on 1st of Dec, still waiting for them to arrive, which is no good now as we're away now Rolling Eyes ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #85037 21st Dec 2010 5:05 pm
andw

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

no your feeling still waiting for parcels from the first week in dec, still waiting Big Cry

however feel for you all who are waiting for xmas pressies as mine are just pressies for the fl2 Razz

anything small gets through any thing biggeri fear i may not see till the new year and one is next day as well Rolling Eyes

Post #85070 21st Dec 2010 9:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1