Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 57 plate GS drivers seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
frankreid

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Update.. I received a nice informative phone call from Kelly in the service dept.. keeping me updated, Oil ok after my report of light blue smoke (only twice) from exhaust when cold starting, Looking at wheels after my report of it pulling to the right. They are going to do the same tests on the drivers seat that you have all mentioned. then report back to me by Friday.

Good for them

Will let you know how it goes.

Frank R9 FLR

Post #88481 17th Jan 2011 11:27 pm
mickybean

Re: 57 plate GS drivers seat

frankreid wrote:
I have to pump up My drivers seat (not electric) every time i get into the car. I think that this should not have to be done every time .. Should It

Regards

Frank.

had the same problem with my 57 plate freelander 2 S .dealer converted it to an electric height adjuster under warranty.regards mickybean

Post #88979 21st Jan 2011 12:57 pm
frankreid

Telephone call from the service dept.
It needs a regulator, and it is on back order. I am picking up the car on Sunday and will tale it back when it comes in as it is on back order.

Your thoughts please.

Frank R9 FLR

Post #89162 22nd Jan 2011 12:31 am
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Its the norm for some LR parts, i waited three months for a new AC compresor, but it was fitted with no trouble

Post #89170 22nd Jan 2011 12:46 am
frankreid

Could I have your thoughts anyone with regards the regulator. What does it do? Should this fix the sear falling? R9 FLR

Post #89207 22nd Jan 2011 10:04 am
frankreid

i picked it up today. no paper work to tell me what they did or did not do during the test on the seat, no paper work to tell me what they did or did not do with regards the pulling to the right, and no paper work to tell me what they did or did not do about the light blue smoke ...

Not major things but then again these things matter now i have to call the service dept tomorrow to find out what they did or did not do..

Not the best of situations I think.

Frank R9 FLR

Post #89465 23rd Jan 2011 11:56 pm
frankreid

Took it back into Lloyds today they fitted the new part, allowed me to work at one of there desks and filled me with plenty of tea and coffee... a good job, well looked after... pleased.

Frank R9 FLR

Post #92149 16th Feb 2011 12:57 am
nick f

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

had my fl2 into dealers on 7/3/2011 for hdc message and drivers seat kept going down they say that they replaced a part behind the lever under warranty but it is still going down any advice please. if anybody has the phone number for landrover customer services could they pm me i would be grateful also had my door mirrors looked at cos they were creaking and juddering when you locked or unlocked the car as they folded in or out the dealers said they had lubricated them and now i have got oil stains on both doors as it was left to run down the doors and the car came back dirtier than when it went in as i had spent 4 hours cleaning it inside and out on the 6/3/2011

Post #95063 13th Mar 2011 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
frankreid

I think that mine is still dropping but will see if it is not just me as I get in and out of the car... will get back in two weeks or so. However can you let me know how it goes for you.

Regards

Frank R9 FLR

Post #95087 13th Mar 2011 8:14 pm
nick f

yes no problem i`ll let you no how i get on but i think i read something on the forum about the problem being sorted by fitting an electric height adjustable seat i think it was geordie dancer who wrote about but not sure i would have look i`m off to the dealer before work tommorrow and if i get no joy i`ll try landrover customer service

Post #95090 13th Mar 2011 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dunroof

This is a known problem, subject of a Service Bulletin on the Topix website. Takes a couple of parts and about 1.4 hours to complete.

Post #95092 13th Mar 2011 8:27 pm
frankreid

Just had to call LLoyds of Carlisle back. I have waited for teh past three months to be 100% sure that the seat is dropping again.. I have in the past three weeks driven without getting out of the drivers seat (and as such catching the seat leaver), to London, then Edinburgh and to Manchester (not all after each other I may add).

The seat is for sure still dropping.

I am taking it in to Carlise on the 2nd June.

However Kelly in the service dept is saying that they have done all that they can.

I have said that as the seat is falling, then it can't be safe.

Your thoughts and advice please.

Frank R9 FLR

Post #102701 20th May 2011 12:01 am
nick f

i had my fl2 57 plate into dealers for the seat problem they replaced a part under warranty but it still goes down the service manager put a block of wood under the lever so my leg didn`t catch the lever i ran it for a few days and went back they said it hadn`t gone down but after parking outside work for the rest of the day when i got in the car to go home i pulled the lever and the seat went up so it still drops but landrover say the part that was replaced is the fix that cures the problem . and i`m still having to pump the seat back up but i can`t get no sense out of landrover they said to take it to another dealer for a second opinion

Post #102772 20th May 2011 6:42 pm
scrimple

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Ipanema Sand

I have had exactly the same problem since purchase. Local stealer fitted the mod in April, but guess what, it still goes down.

I have spoken to Customer service @ LR and they have made the stealer book it in again. Not sure what they are going to do this time. They have already done the 2 days of testing before they fitted the mod, so I guess the only option left is to change the seat base (I bet they don't though).

I have to say that for a so called quality car manufacturer, LR seem incapable of doing something simple like manufacturing a seat height adjuster that works when ford were doing it years ago. Surely LR have the benefit of being able to look at fords successful design and simply copy it, or am I being too simplistic.  MY2014 SD4 XS
Ipanema Sand

MY10 TD4-e GS Manual
Lago Grey Now retired after 8 trouble free years

Post #102790 20th May 2011 9:38 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

My seat still goes down, I gave up with the stealer Very Happy

Post #102850 21st May 2011 6:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>