Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Telestart kit wanted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
alex_pescaru

Telestart kit wanted

Do you know where I could find a FFBH Telestart Kit and at what price?
I am interested in dealer prices, but aftermarket or used is OK also.
Part number: LR007959
Thank you!

Post #84717 19th Dec 2010 9:01 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Google brought a company up about £270 +vat iirc Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84731 19th Dec 2010 11:51 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/section.php?xSec=5497&xPage=5874 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84732 19th Dec 2010 12:19 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Lookers or Yeovil LR will be cheaper than Brit Car for genuine parts

Post #84735 19th Dec 2010 1:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I presumed it was a non uk fitted part, but if the sponsors can get it then worth contacting them Thumbs Up

What actually is the kit for? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84736 19th Dec 2010 1:42 pm
alex_pescaru

It is a radio receiver and a remote control for the FFBH (Fuel Fired Burning Heater) to be remotely started, in order to warm-up the coolant (and implicit the engine) before starting.
The FFBH can be remotely started/stoped and function for up to maximum 30 minutes.
For Russian market, this kit is even covered by a technical bulletin.
I want to install one for warming-up the car, remotely, in very cold mornings, before getting in it.
I have the FFBH but not the FFBH remote start. Still, can be later retrofited.
For comfort and for an easy start of the engine.

Post #84767 19th Dec 2010 6:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

The lads on disco3 do it with a webasto timer and some sort of gsm receiver, text the car and it activates, would that be cheaper?

Wish I had the FFBH Crying or Very sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84779 19th Dec 2010 8:10 pm
alex_pescaru

Could you point me out the thread?
It's the car's OEM webasto, or it is some aftermarket one?
You know, after you install the receiver, you have to activate the option through the dealer's diagnostic tools...
Thank you!

Post #84782 19th Dec 2010 8:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

There is quite a few threads over there

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic16361.h...sto+%2Bgsm

This ones by Wiggs one of the very knowledgeable in after market mods

If you search +webasto +gsm it brings all thread with these words in Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84787 19th Dec 2010 9:07 pm
alex_pescaru

Thank you!

Post #84788 19th Dec 2010 9:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Alex, just wondering how you was getting on with the project? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #86812 7th Jan 2011 9:32 am
alex_pescaru

In this moment I'm at the stage where I can connect with the ThermoTest program from Webasto to the FFBH, can read and erase fault codes, read status of battery voltage, combustion fan speed, glow plug and flame status, recirculating pump speed, etc., test these individual components and all, but I can't give to the FFBH the simple command to work on its own like a stationary or parking heater.
I've had some ideas of why not and I've asked several questions during time regarding Webasto issues on the Disco3 forum, but nobody there with experience in those matters (and there are some) has come forward to help me. The help came instead from our Eastern friends, from Moscow.
So, all in one, I know now that the Webasto is locked by default as my car hasn't installed from factory the remote start (telestart) functionality.
The problem could be solved in two ways:
1. Ask for the dealer to unlock the Webasto (FFBH) and then I can command it, but as soon as the car wakes up then the FFBH will stop because of the CAN bus wake up process which takes precedence.
2. Emulate the fire-up, burning and cooldown processes by the use of the test functions of the Webasto, because there is a specific alghoritm for this - I believe that's the way the guys from Danhag have done - and then the Webasto will work no matter of the exterior temperature, car status and all. All of these inside a microcontroller.
Of course there is the third option when I buy a w-bus converter from Danhag, but it is not as fun as when you do it yourself.
After this point is a child play to add the remote functionality with the help of a simple one channel remote control, which could be found in any electronic parts shops.
All I have to do is find time for this... Laughing

Post #86818 7th Jan 2011 10:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

would something like the faultmate system from Black box solutions (Disco3 sponsors) help you program the car?

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/products.html

I think they are quite expensive, but you maybe able to use it to play around with other settings and systems aswell, as i get the impression you like to get your hands dirty

I'm just not sure what it would be able to do on a FL2, though it seams to be able to do lots on the D3, like offroad satnav, enable xenons, ride height calibration etc etc

Anyway, keep us informed about your little project Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #86820 7th Jan 2011 10:47 am
alex_pescaru

I know about them, but a kit that enables you to tweak the car is over 800 euros, transport and vat included.
The dealer told me that on that figure I can do quite a lot of tweaking and error checking at them as long as a diagnose session at the dealer workshop is around 10 euros.
And I tend to agree with that...
I saw that on Disco3 they offer a discount to some members.
Here on Freel2 I know nothing about such a thing.
And as long as they keep their prices as high...

Post #86821 7th Jan 2011 11:03 am
Atrix

Latvia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Lago Grey

Right after buying my Freelander in Germany last February I took it to a Bosch service station, where they fitted an Eberspaercher diesel heater (Hydronic 5kW) with a remote control 'Easy Start Plus'. Folks from the German Freelander forum are still skeptical on functionality of this kind of post-factory fitted heaters because of the said 'CAN-Bus'-problem, which allegedly floods the fault recorder. Due to this assumption negative answers have also been received from various Webasto dealers. Nevertheless, my heater functions well. Prior to fitting the heater on my car I asked the Bosch to make the engine-block the primary receiver of heated-up coolant and not the interior ventilation system. Thus, I am happy to have this gadget in the winter. Costs: approx. 1.700 Eur.

Post #86844 7th Jan 2011 2:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>