Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Any 'Land Rover Experience' type thing near Brisbane?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame
Any 'Land Rover Experience' type thing near Brisbane?

Hey all,

Now I have an FL2, I often get invited to hit the tracks with mates in their 4x4's but I am always too hesitant since I have never done any off-roading and don't want to get into a situation where I dent the car.

I have seen some discussion of the Land Rover Experience that seems to be available in the UK. These seem to be a well organised introduction to 4x4'ing where there is little risk of damaging the vehicle. (It even seem like you don't need to use your own car).

Is there anything similar in the Brisbane area that others have used and would recommend? I am hoping to get some practical experience, some visible examples as to what I can do in the FL2 and pointers to what I should never attempt etc etc.

Oh, and I don't want to get the car dirty, at least not the inside anyways Smile

Cheers,
Whytey 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #95252 14th Mar 2011 11:59 pm
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

They stopped them in Sydney in 2008 around September due to economic conditions. As far as I know they never started again. I was booked into the one that got cancelled. Sand driving is the safest off road as far as car damage is concerned. If you go into the bush, almost all of the Aussie trees and bushes will scratch your paintwork so watch for narrow tracks.

Post #95274 15th Mar 2011 9:40 am
jaksbak@freel2

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Landcruiser Mountain Park at Jimna, 2 hours from Brisbane has 200 acres of tracks and apparently, they have a training package. At the very least, the park operators could tell you about the tracks that are easy to start with, where you can develop skills, try different settings and gain confidence. If you don't want to get your FL2 dirty, stick to the cities. Freelander 2's are made to go offroad, so it's "gunna get dirty", but it's worth it. Once you've mastered a few tracks you'll want to try something more challenging. Next thing you know, you've got the bug and you can't wait for weekends to "get out there!" They charge $45 per night which includes camping in various locations, some with hot showers and amenities blocks. At the very least, you can watch others and talk to the one's who know what they are doing. Don't be afraid to ask for a lift with someone else, though I'd suggest you avoid the ones who have over-the-top modifications.

Post #95281 15th Mar 2011 11:08 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1