« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Landrover approved warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
Landrover approved warranty

I'm just reading everyone's recent posts about warranty's and its got me thinking about my Landrover approved one that came with my 3 yr old SE.

When I bought the car the dealer told me it was the same as the existing manufacturer’s warranty and covers me for the same stuff... Is this right, or is there some small print that I haven’t read?

I know that before the years out I am going to be visiting the dealer for a few minor things, parking sensors for one and I think the PAS reservoir, but I am just wondering what to expect from the dealer?

Has anyone got any experience of the Landrover approved warranty and was the dealer right in saying it is the same as the manufactures’ one? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #84276 14th Dec 2010 11:26 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I had it with my FL1. The booklet said you get exactly the same benefits as the owner of a brand new vehicle but not for as long obviously. When my car went in for a repair they charged me a £99 diagnostic fee which would be refunded if there was a fault that was covered (obviously wear and tear etc is excluded as ever). I actually got that refunded before they even examined the car because when I got home I read the aforementioned info in the book and rang them back. I informed them of what it said in the booklet and they admitted that new car owners would not be charged a diagnostic fee. I then hit them with various aspects of my admittedly limited legal knowledge and pointed out the obvious flaw in their arguement (I was clearly not getting the same benefits as a new car owner) so they caved in.

If it says the same in your book (i.e there was no smallprint in mine that authorised diagnostic fees) dont let them charge you. The warranty is fine, its the dealers that can try it on sometimes.

Hope this helps Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #84285 15th Dec 2010 12:28 am
Sam

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

The Doctor wrote:
I had it with my FL1. The booklet said you get exactly the same benefits as the owner of a brand new vehicle but not for as long obviously.

Not sure that's quite right!

Page 6 of the 'Approved Used' Booklet lists 12 excluded items such as telephone, exhaust, battery etc which are not excluded in a new car warranty. In the scheme of things these are minor items but the 2 schemes do differ.

Post #84295 15th Dec 2010 9:33 am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Sam wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
I had it with my FL1. The booklet said you get exactly the same benefits as the owner of a brand new vehicle but not for as long obviously.

Not sure that's quite right!

Page 6 of the 'Approved Used' Booklet lists 12 excluded items such as telephone, exhaust, battery etc which are not excluded in a new car warranty. In the scheme of things these are minor items but the 2 schemes do differ.

I know what I read Sam. I don't dispute what you are saying but in the book I had, somewhere near the beginning, it said that I had the same benefits as a new vehicle owner. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #84352 15th Dec 2010 9:17 pm
Captain Worm

To quote the Land Rover Web site;

The Land Rover Approved Warranty is exclusively for vehicles that are under five years old and have covered less than 75,000 miles at the time of purchase, and is only available through an authorised Land Rover dealer. It provides a minimum of 12 months fully comprehensive Unlimited Mileage Warranty and is almost identical to the cover enjoyed on new Land Rover vehicles. Your Land Rover Approved Warranty can be extended to 24 months at the time of purchase.

I've still not checked the small print yet tho Rolling Eyes Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #84373 15th Dec 2010 10:52 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

It must have changed then. I know for 100% that what I said in my post was correct. The booklet said it somewhere near the front. Perhaps they had issues/complaints and have given it less benefits now LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #84383 15th Dec 2010 11:38 pm
Captain Worm

The Doctor wrote:
It must have changed then. I know for 100% that what I said in my post was correct. The booklet said it somewhere near the front. Perhaps they had issues/complaints and have given it less benefits now

I'm not disputing what you said! Embarassed Its what I thought also, its only when I read about it that I thought I'd check on the LR web site.... Like you say, may be people were complaining Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #84387 15th Dec 2010 11:59 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #84389 16th Dec 2010 12:26 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1