Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Snow Driving Day(s) in The Alps Anyone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

Snow Driving Day(s) in The Alps Anyone

All the comments from you lot in the UK made about how much fun you've had in that little bit of recent snow prompts me to suggest:

Would anyone be interested in driving in real deep snow off road here in the Swiss Mountains. Land Rover Switzerland regularly offer snow driving courses over one or two days on a special site. They provide the vehicles from their fleet so it doesn't matter if you roll one!!!!!

Now if enough of you are interested I'd be willing to contact LR CH and see if they'd put on an exclusive training day(s) this winter for a crew from Blighty. Language will not be a problem as all their instructors speak good English. Most likely location - Gstaad in Roger Moores back garden. You be allowed to bring a partner who could ride in the back.

You could drive to CH easily approx Calais > Gstaad 550mls., or fly easyJet / Ryanair cheaply to Geneva and train or if everyone arriving approximately same time MiniBus hire could be arranged. Driving time airport to Gstaad approx. 2hrs.

Price will of course depend on how many would attend, minimum number is probably 10. The course costs in CH normally CHF300 plus accommodation & meals (single booking).

So if enough of you are interested in being taught by the professionals in the deep alpine snow let me know and I'll see what can or cannot be arranged.

Post #83969 11th Dec 2010 7:30 pm
mole

United Kingdom 

Sounds a great idea. I would be interested if it can be arranged. mole

Post #83973 11th Dec 2010 8:19 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I'd certainly be interested if you could jack it up mate. Thumbs Up We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #83983 11th Dec 2010 9:18 pm
dunroof

Possible, date and cost dependant. worth contacting LR. A few pics, a bit of PR re the Brits and driving in snow and a free course?

Post #83987 11th Dec 2010 9:59 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

for CHF300 you can drive across my snow /mud/dust (depends on season) covered field and eat home made scones. contact CG enterprises,
Available soon, caravan crushing(please supply own van). dukw driving , and for a small fee you can chauffeur me over said fields to the pub on a Friday At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #83995 11th Dec 2010 10:59 pm
athelstan

CG
That's exactly the response I expected from you.

dunroof
You can forget a "free course" from the LR Switzerland (you can of course get a UK LR Experience complimentary ticket from your local LR dealer if you talk to him/her nicely). Re date, cost etc., I can only put facts to that when I know how many are interested. Without that data an approach to LR CH will be a waste of time because their first response will be : "how many are coming"!

Post #84035 12th Dec 2010 12:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1