« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Great in the snow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
donny

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue
Great in the snow

I was over in Liverpool all last week (no snow) so only got to play when I got home on Friday. I didn't have the FL2 last winter (was running a D3) so this was the first chance I've had to snow test it. Anyway I gave it the full treatment - snow up to about 18-20" deep in places - took it down off road tracks, across frozen fields, iced over country lanes etc and it performed faultlessly at around -10C Very Happy Some of it in the dark with the xenons doing a great job. Cool

I still have a D3 and have had other various 4x4s but the FL2 was up there - not lacking at all. Its running on nearly new 17" Wintracs which definitely helps for sure - in any case it gave me some real confidence in the car. I don't go in for the 'mine is better than yours' rubbish but my FL2 proved it can really 'walk the walk'. Bow down

Post #83274 6th Dec 2010 9:55 pm
Chris B

United Kingdom 

Absolutely right.

All last winter I was working in Warwick with 0430 starts every Monday and the fisrt 0.6 mile was hardly ever ploughed or gritted but I made it out and back every single time. As a freelance, getting to work meant getting paid and my FL" was awesome. Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #83359 7th Dec 2010 5:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1