« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 a wimp??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
FL2 a wimp??

Is it just mine ot does anyone else own a wimp FL2?
SWMBO had to have her hair done yesterday and because of the deep snow on the road (5cms at least) her hot hatch was deemed to be unsafe, too clean, cold etc. to go out. So, out comes freely from the garage and SWMBO gets in and turns the knob thingy in the middle to the snow setting and sets off to the hairdressers, manicurist, etc. Incidentally this is the first time she has ever driven Freely!
She gets back three hours later and commands me to put the car into the garage as it's too cold for it to stay outside. Like any good husband I put my tinny down, switch off the motorbike racing and go outside to put Freely away. The bloody temperature inside is at maximum, the terrain response is on the gravel, deep ruts and whatever and the seat is so far forward you could park her hatch behind the seat!
I put the car away and went back inside only to be chastised for not looking after the car well enough as I always leave it on the drive until I go to bed and it coudn't do the car any good at all in these low temperatures (-5c).
I am sure the car winked at me with it's LED sidelights this morning.
By the way, the reason i am writing this tome is that she's buggared off in it again. To her sisters this time.
Is it me or what? Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #82754 3rd Dec 2010 12:13 pm
wingit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Know how you feel about the seat. Very Happy

I'm so lucky, my wife refuses to even attempt to drive my FL2: "It's too big".

So I just agree with her....... Laughing

Post #82760 3rd Dec 2010 12:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

my wife doesn't like to drive my FL2 either, she is starting to try, but can't get use to the left foot not doing anything and keeps trying to break with it Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #82764 3rd Dec 2010 12:48 pm
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

My other half always puts the seat forward and really high, mirrors are all messed up ARGGHHHH I cant even get into the seat to re-adjust it all. Evil or Very Mad

Luckily doesn't drive it that often, always asks can I drive, in which case I either drive my FL or her 107 (which i hate)

I do like to point out the private plate to her, "my initials on the plate, my car, therefore seat is in MY position"

Post #82769 3rd Dec 2010 1:04 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I hardly ever get the chance to drive mine cos its always away somewere with the mrs. & sometimes for a week at a time Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #82781 3rd Dec 2010 2:57 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

My Mrs doesn't drive. Thumbs Up We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #82801 3rd Dec 2010 4:13 pm
Ralphk

OK I asked a question about Freelys' being wimpish but now it's a whole lot worse!
She's back from her sisters and they have been shopping for our daughters upcoming wedding. All I've had is "without our car we could not have been at Merry Hill because of the snow and ice. Ordinary cars were getting stuck, but I just put my foot down and she went every where I asked of her". (Note the words "our" and "she")
I went to the golf club for lunch and a pint and got stuck in the the bl Censored dy road leading to it 'cos I hadn't got any of the benefits of "my" car. I have had the p Censored ss taken out of me something rotten.
How do I get "my" car back and get her inton the not so hot hatch when it's raining, snowing, foggy,icey, in fact anytime it is not bright sunlight and 20c + in the summer because that's all this bl Censored dy hatch is good for. Apart from anything else it's a purpley green colour. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #82809 3rd Dec 2010 5:42 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

How do I get "my" car back

Divorce - its the only way Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #82813 3rd Dec 2010 5:52 pm
ad15

give her the FL2,, and get yourself a D3/4, RRS, FFRR.. Thumbs Up

Post #82836 3rd Dec 2010 7:40 pm
Ralphk

I am not made of money. Anyway I had to fill " my" car up tonight and do I really want something even more thirsty. I belong to the Pinky 31mpg club! Ralph

Post #82839 3rd Dec 2010 7:49 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

31mpg Rolling with laughter

I filled my car up 150 miles ago, and today decided to brim it due to the possible fuel shortages heading our way

Added the miles in to my iPhone app 18.77mpg Shocked Of which 75% will have been done crawling about in the snow in GGS setting Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #82873 3rd Dec 2010 10:14 pm
Ralphk

Tomorrow I travel to the frozen north of Atherstone and fully expect to achieve an all time record for fuel consumption of ???. God am I glad that I bought a vehicle that is so wallet and eco friendly.
By the way has CG left the site or is he becoming more relaxed and tolerant? Ralph

Post #82893 3rd Dec 2010 11:14 pm
ad210358

England 

Ralphk wrote:

By the way has CG left the site or is he becoming more relaxed and tolerant?

We can but hope Whistle

Post #82899 3rd Dec 2010 11:26 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

....and pray Rolling with laughter (just kidding Whistle ) Never bite the hand that feeds you !

Post #82913 4th Dec 2010 2:21 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I've been too busy saving the planet, to bother baiting vaners recently. just carry on buying plastic trailers then towing them pointlesly up and down At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #82921 4th Dec 2010 9:42 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>