« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Audi A6 Allroad
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Audi A6 Allroad

So the Freelander is going after 6 months of pleasure and 3 months of hell.

Decided on a A6 Allroad 3.0 tdi, Basically the Avant with Air suspension. you are supposed to be able to jack it up to so soft-roading, that I should be collecting on Saturday. Thanks for LR and their complete lack of understanding of customer service it is costing me a small fortune to change, but it will be cheaper than waiting until September for the warranty to expire and then having to replace the gearbox...

I'll post some pics, not least of all of the MMI system. Getting the iPod connectivity put in, which allows FULL CONTROL of the iPod!!

Great engine, lots of torque, great acceleration and better fuel consumption!!

I'll be sad to see the Freelander go. It is a great car, when it works. I just wish that Land rover would start treating their customers with the respect that they deserve. Oh and Richard Green and Marshalls LR Cambridge, a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #82433 1st Dec 2010 10:06 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Glad you are happy now!! I called Landrover this week regarding my issues. Initially the girl sugested I book it into a dealer for which I replied - that is a complete waste of time as I have had the car 1 year now & no matter how many times it has been seen it is still the same. She also said to put through to customer relations but I said pointless as they got in touch with the company who makes the bluetooth part & it came back that it must be working ok & that statement was made not even looking at the car so she is getting a business relations manager or someone from the warranty department to call me. This was supposed to be within 24 to 48 Hours. I didn't expect a call in that time & I didn't get one so I rang this morning & said given the normal run of events I wasn't holding a lot of hope of recieving a call. Now I have been told it may be after the weekend.

Was a bit worrying initially given how many times I have called Landrover as she said "Is your car still under Warranty?" I said I hope so as I only bought it a year ago this week!! She reeled of a number plate that was I think a 55 reg which wouldn't even be an FL2 either Rolling with laughter (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #82674 2nd Dec 2010 9:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wintermute

Turkey 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

For my vibration issue I applied to court. This week we had the assigned expert of the court examining the car and confirming my vibration problems. Now I am waiting for the written report so I can hand their Censored to them.

I share your thoughts, it's a nice car as long as these problems are not there. However the customer service is somewhat unheard of by these guys. 2010 Freelander 2 Select TD4 auto....gone
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 auto ...current

Post #82739 3rd Dec 2010 10:33 am
xtattsbox

Wintermute. Excellent, I hope that you get a satisfactory outcome.

My feeling is quite simply Land Rover do not deserve the support that they get from their customers. It is a very good product, but no means the best and their quality control stinks. The customer service from LR is Non-existent.

I have on last drive up the A14 today as it is going back to Marshalls in Cambridge. They have been very good.

Land Rover have been crap. They know it and there is no way that I will give them the satisfaction of getting another penny out of me...

If we ran out Company the way that Land Rover conduct their business, we would be out of business in a month. They are an embarrassment to British Industry, I know that the business is owned by Tata. LR should take some Censored pride in their work. They don't.

I'll get my coat on the way out! Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #82743 3rd Dec 2010 11:12 am
xtattsbox

Gone Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #82779 3rd Dec 2010 2:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1