« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > I Don't Like Monday's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
I Don't Like Monday's

Got to work today for an appointment with our transport manager to discuss the replacement for my current FL2 (Or so I thought) Rolling Eyes
I currently self lease with an allowance in my salary, but am returning to a full blown company car in Feb.

I had briefly considered an Audi A5 but the new FL2 which they had previously agreed I could have, was just to stong a pull.

However, because one of my Censored peers has just resigned, I now have to take his 5 Series until 2012.......... Shocked

Bloody thing looks like a pimp mobile with it's cream leather seats. I cannot see it ploughing through the snow like my Freely..........

Anyone need a purchasing bod? Ah well, at least I have until February. Bring on the bad weather ASAP - Then an early Spring please. FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #81549 22nd Nov 2010 10:44 pm
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Stop whinging man, some of us have to buy and run our own Big Cry , company car went when I retired miss it and of course the salary etc Big Cry Big Cry . Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #81552 22nd Nov 2010 11:37 pm
Dougden

Retired? You lot have never had it so good - Heating allowance, bus passes, XS i6 Laughing

I was counting down the years to being at home with Mrs DD and now the government move the goalposts.
Looks like I will be in my box before drawing a pension Rolling Eyes

Ah well, at least I live in the south - So life with a Beemer will be a little more tolerable Very Happy

Ducks down ready for geographical war of words FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #81596 23rd Nov 2010 9:47 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Bmw 5 series it could have been a whole lot worse Smile

My mate had the same happen to him and ended up with a Volvo V50 Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #81601 23rd Nov 2010 10:26 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Happened to me once and I ended up with a red BMW 316i in poverty spec (not even aircon!). Made worse by the fact that it was affectionately known as the pimp mobile!!!!

Turns out it was a great comfy car to drive - I even took it to Austria with the lads for skiing - Birmingham to Kitzbuhel in 22hours nonstop (except for petrol breaks!)

A 5er on cream dont sound that bad though Wink might want some winter tyres if you have any hope of getting anywhere this winter Whistle Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #81604 23rd Nov 2010 10:31 pm
Speedway

Dougden wrote:
Retired? You lot have never had it so good - Heating allowance, bus passes, XS i6 Laughing

I was counting down the years to being at home with Mrs DD and now the government move the goalposts.
Looks like I will be in my box before drawing a pension Rolling Eyes

Ah well, at least I live in the south - So life with a Beemer will be a little more tolerable Very Happy

Ducks down ready for geographical war of words

Not going to rise to the bait, with an i6 I only use the bus pass to get discount at local Restaurants etc, not got the heating allowance this year yet Big Cry . Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

Post #81622 24th Nov 2010 12:35 am
Dougden

"Not going to rise to the bait"
Thumbs Up Thank God for that, I wouldn't want to fratch with you Laughing FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #81711 24th Nov 2010 9:25 pm
Speedway

Now that's a Yorkshire phrase Thumbs Up . Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

Post #81723 24th Nov 2010 9:46 pm
EXPENCELANDER

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

My company car was a Fiat Multipla (by choice) one of the 1st in the country.
Got some strange looks and comments about ninja turtles from kids, but,
Best car I've ever driven and I've had far too many to count, Drove from Aberdeen to Cheshire, through the snow covered roads to Perth none stop on what was in the tank.
Superb driving position (bolt upright) change gear without taking your hand off the steering wheel (thumb on the wheelfingers to change gear as the satick is by the wheel).
450 miles or so on a regular basis and never had to do a leg stretch, got out of the car as relaxed as I had got in.
Carries 6 people and a huge crrying space with the rear seats removed, then you have a big square box for furniture removal (they come out and carry away like suitcases).
Front floor area was huge too.
The only thing I did not like was the amount of glass... like a Greenhouse).
Full Beam front lights were very high up and if you had a plodder in front on the motorway just turn those on and they shine straight through the vehicle in front (soon move). (changed them now though).
An ideal family vehicle for the holidays and shopping if you can put up with the ribbing.
If I could have changed anything it would be to have had Air Conditioning as you had to have the window open all summer if no Air Con.
The air con model had twin sunroofs as well and could never understand that.

Would not swap my Central Heated FL2 though, not in this weather, Brrrrrrrr. Offset your Carbon emissions by boycotting Baked Beans and all Green Vegitables.

Post #84542 17th Dec 2010 12:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1