Home > General > BEEN LET DOWN
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
khan711

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Alaska White
BEEN LET DOWN

Hi All

After getting a completion date for my HSE for the 16th of this month, now beeing told it will be on the 22nd, so wont get my car until the 30th if I'm lucky !! Censored

I placed this order early August, sold my A6 last week and I am in a mates astra until he gets back from holiday on the 19th. Dealer knows this and said they will not lend my a Vehicle, yet if I order a Q5 ( which is in stock) or BMW, they will gladly lend me a car FOC and have done so over the years.

Is this the sort of service I am about to embark on or do I just pull the plug and go back to Audi.

Not Happy Censored [/b]

Post #80319 10th Nov 2010 3:49 pm
Ticktock

Pull the plug with that dealer - not sticking to the delivery date, and yes, service is lousy on the whole although the car is fine.

Post #80320 10th Nov 2010 4:01 pm
athelstan

khan711
Naturally it is very disappointing for a delivery date to be moved back, however in terms of the "life ownership" of the vehicle your waiting is only an minor irritation - the frustration will soon pass. If it was me and being so close to taking delivery I'd patiently wait. But, it's your order and so you must decide what's best.

As an aside I was at my LR dealer today and he told me that the D4 engine suppliers to LR have 16,000 units on back order, so you are very lucky that the FL2 does not share the same engine as the D4 otherwise you' be looking at Q1 2011.

Post #80324 10th Nov 2010 4:45 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Very least they should do is loan you a vehicle till yours is ready.

I had a similar thing many years ago with Vauxhall. Luckily I still had my old car which I selling to a friend so it wasnt too much of an issue, but when the delay hit two weeks I complained and said I had sold my car and was without transport. The next day they delivered a brand new Vauxhall Demo car to my house to use until mine was ready FOC. Thumbs Up

Post #80326 10th Nov 2010 5:23 pm
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi - can I presume your FL2 is being sourced with a Norfolk based dealership, Hunters? If its their Kynns Lynn branch speak to Kevin Manning to see what he can do. Say previous HST buyer near Colchester sent you.

Best of luck

Post #80335 10th Nov 2010 6:14 pm
khan711

Thank you all for your kind words, I found a SD4 HSE with premium in Ivory, same as mine TD4 on order except black and auto, Mrs wont drive an auto and I wont have another black car.

I have ordered a HSE in white and color coded, with Premium pack in Ivory 19's and full size spare, priv and black tubes.

I would be gutted after 1 week if I did not have this.

So as athelstan said, I must be patient and wait until mine arrives

Good news is I not have to give the astra back until the 13th of Dec, I would to have mine by then, fingers crossed. Neutral

Post #80337 10th Nov 2010 6:30 pm
ad210358

England 

Stick with it, your so close now, if you went to another make unless you were very very lucky and they exactly what you wanted on the forecourt you would just be on their waiting list. One of my lads ordered a new Golf six weeks ago and still has not got a build date. Shocked one of my other lads ordered a new Scirocco in Feb this year after a big error by the dealer didn't get it till October. Shocked

Post #80343 10th Nov 2010 7:09 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

I'm amazed you can get a Q5 in stock, most Audis are on atleast 6 wk wait, you must be specing one that they happen to have. They should be lending you a car for the difference between the date promised and the date delivered, if they really can't then they should hire one in for you and Land Rover should foot the bill, lets not forget this will not be the dealers doing it will be Land Rover. I would be politely playing up and expect them to sweeten things up abit. 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #80347 10th Nov 2010 7:49 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

get on the blower to LRCS, see what they say about a loan car Question

though i expect the issue is between the date your dealer gave you and you

can offer any more advice as i have never been in the posistion as i don't buy brand new Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #80355 10th Nov 2010 8:31 pm
khan711

iangam wrote:
I'm amazed you can get a Q5 in stock, most Audis are on atleast 6 wk wait, you must be specing one that they happen to have. They should be lending you a car for the difference between the date promised and the date delivered, if they really can't then they should hire one in for you and Land Rover should foot the bill, lets not forget this will not be the dealers doing it will be Land Rover. I would be politely playing up and expect them to sweeten things up abit.

Hi I speced the Q5, they sales person left and the price when up by 6K to I told them to Censored off !
Now they want me to buy it at new price of 1.2K less from my order price. Thats why its in stock, and prob helped my wife just got her 2nd new TT from them

Post #80375 10th Nov 2010 11:01 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

ad210358 wrote:
Stick with it, your so close now, if you went to another make unless you were very very lucky and they exactly what you wanted on the forecourt you would just be on their waiting list. One of my lads ordered a new Golf six weeks ago and still has not got a build date. Shocked one of my other lads ordered a new Scirocco in Feb this year after a big error by the dealer didn't get it till October. Shocked

Oh come on - there's a recession on! Why would they want to sell you a car? You might even pay them, and where would that lead? Next thing they'd be having to employ more people and maybe even make a profit. I'm just amazed that with firms going bust everywhere people still aren't prepared to go that extra mile for your custom.

Post #80381 10th Nov 2010 11:30 pm
Ticktock

Exactly, thats why I'd tell them to stuff it!

Post #80389 11th Nov 2010 1:36 am
ad210358

England 

So the date has changed by 5 days and you say stuff it and walk away, there may be a reccession on but there have been members on here saying that they are being told a three to four month wait for their order, the dealer will be ae to sell it easiley elswhere. A dealer near me has just sold there SD4 HSE demonstrator which was on the forecourt for £110 below RRP so will the dealer care if you walk? Its your choice but.....

Post #80434 11th Nov 2010 8:07 pm
Junior

England 

ad210358 wrote:
So the date has changed by 5 days and you say stuff it and walk away, there may be a reccession on but there have been members on here saying that they are being told a three to four month wait for their order, the dealer will be ae to sell it easiley elswhere. A dealer near me has just sold there SD4 HSE demonstrator which was on the forecourt for £110 below RRP so will the dealer care if you walk? Its your choice but.....

He's right you know-there is meant to be a recession on??? But if you look in 'What Car' at the new car prices (not just LANDROVER) the 'aim to pay' columns are by and large all the same price as the RRP column!

Wait for the double dip they forecast and maybe they might begin to give a toss??

Post #80437 11th Nov 2010 8:32 pm
Ticktock

Hey, we all have opinions and in honesty, I'd cut my nose off to spite my face with this one. If garages get away with it, they will just continue with the same crappy attitude. They might not give a toss, but one things for sure, if we don't object in some form, they certainly wont give a toss - ever! You gotta do whats right.

Post #80444 11th Nov 2010 9:20 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>