« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Sony nav-92 operation disc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
silvermilnec

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver
Sony nav-92 operation disc

Iv'e just bought the above to fill my cuby hole like many of you. I bought it from Ebay from a nice chap that had it in his F2 but it hasn't come with the software disc.

If i pay the postage would anyone be willing to take a copy or does anyone know a link to download.

Many thanks

If anyone near Leeds i could collect.

Thumbs Up

Post #78848 21st Oct 2010 9:29 am
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

I'm pretty sure you don't get a disc its all pre loaded when you buy it. Confused no disc come with mine. Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #78893 21st Oct 2010 7:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

I didn't get a disk either in my 93T ! Why do you need it ? You can download the speed cameras from the website? Thumbs Up

You can also download Microsoft Active Sync to access the folders to change the splash screens ? Cool

Post #78899 21st Oct 2010 8:46 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

All that's on my disk is Active Sync which enables you to access the files.
As Stownrow says you can download it anyway. Thumbs Up

Good fit though isn't it?

Post #78900 21st Oct 2010 8:55 pm
silvermilnec

ok thanks guys, i just tried to download activesync but i'm running vista and it said it was for XP, i'll try and find the one for vista. when i connect the nav to my laptop it just says connecting but never connects. I want to be able to download the camera updates and have a go of the splash screens Thumbs Up

I love modding Cool

Post #78905 21st Oct 2010 11:08 pm
silvermilnec

ok i've found that the sony unit doesn't work with vista. I do have a family computer running xp and have now downloaded activesync, my device does connect according to my computer but the sony still says connecting.

Am i doing something wrong? I only want to update the safety camera and change the start up screen.

Thumbs Up

Post #78909 22nd Oct 2010 12:47 am
Pegleg

No, you're not doing anything wrong. The camera file can be downloaded free from Sony's website and you'll have to register your device with them online first. If your device has aleady been registered by the previous owner (you'll be able to tell when you attempt you register) then you'll have to send them an email to unlock it.

The splash screens are in Jum's gallery and you'll need Active Sync to change them. When i tried to change, the only way i could do it was to put Jum's files on my desktop and drag them across; don't ask me why but it works.

Good luck !!

Last edited by Pegleg on 22nd Oct 2010 8:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #78972 22nd Oct 2010 6:13 pm
stownrow

Pegleg wrote:
No, you're not doing anything wrong. The camera file can be downloaded free from Sony's website and you'll have to register your device with them online first. If your device has aleady been by the previous owner (you'll be able to tell when you attempt you register) then you'll have to send them an email to unlock it.

The splash screens are in Jum's gallery and you'll need Active Sync to change them. When i tried to change, the only way i could do it was to put Jum's files on my desktop and drag them across; don't ask me why but it works.

Good luck !!

Beet me to it Pegleg Smile Hows the modding going btw? Thumbs Up

Post #78975 22nd Oct 2010 6:37 pm
Pegleg

Ay up Stownrow,
I assume that you're refering to a bezel souround for the 93T.
Well, i got some brushed alloy, perfect match to the gearknob/terrain reponse sw. After i made it, it looked Censored awful when i fitted it. It was too loud man!!
So then i made one out of plastic, same colour as the fascia. Glued it together and strengthened the joints with glass fibre resin. Looked just right.
Anyway, while on holiday two weeks ago i parked in a city and decided to take my 93T out of the car. And broke the bezel!!

I've also covered the top of the rear bumper and the edge of it with a dark matt material, same in colour to the plastic trim on top of the bumper. i removed the plastic trim and fitted the self adhesive materail under it then refitted the plastic trim. Looks like a facory fit. Despite having two border collies jumping in and out of the loadspace area several time a day, i've not one scratch.

Post #78996 22nd Oct 2010 9:51 pm
stownrow

Pegleg wrote:
Ay up Stownrow,
I assume that you're refering to a bezel souround for the 93T.
Well, i got some brushed alloy, perfect match to the gearknob/terrain reponse sw. After i made it, it looked Censored awful when i fitted it. It was too loud man!!
So then i made one out of plastic, same colour as the fascia. Glued it together and strengthened the joints with glass fibre resin. Looked just right.
Anyway, while on holiday two weeks ago i parked in a city and decided to take my 93T out of the car. And broke the bezel!!

I've also covered the top of the rear bumper and the edge of it with a dark matt material, same in colour to the plastic trim on top of the bumper. i removed the plastic trim and fitted the self adhesive materail under it then refitted the plastic trim. Looks like a facory fit. Despite having two border collies jumping in and out of the loadspace area several time a day, i've not one scratch.

Sounds good pegleg! Did you get any pics of both mods? Smile Thumbs Up

Post #79025 23rd Oct 2010 12:41 pm
Pegleg

Sorry Stownrow, but no.
I could take a pic of the rear bumper if you're interested but i've no idea how to upload to Freel website.

Post #79159 24th Oct 2010 8:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1