Home > My Freelander 2 > Newbie struggling with rear dvd system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
yorkshirefreeler

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Newbie struggling with rear dvd system

Hi
This is a great forum, and there seems to be loads of good advice. Im due to collect my 2008 HSE next week and am really looking forward to it. However, it has a factory fitted rear DVD entertainment system, with 2 sets of aux inputs in the rear console. There ia a seperate DVD player still in its box, and looks like it's never been used. My question is how on earth do I operate it? Do I simply connect it via a cable to the aux inputs or do I have to physically wire the player in permanently somehow? Sorry if this has an obvious answer but it's confusing me a lot!

Post #78808 20th Oct 2010 7:14 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

As far as I know, the LR rear seat entertainment system does not include a DVD source, just the screens and headphones. Therefore you can use any source which can plug into the av input in the centre console. Your DVD player should allow this but how you power the DVD is not something I know about. If it's new in the box then you'll have to find a way to power it up and attach in the car. Just get appropriate phono leads to plug it into the av input. Phil

Post #78810 20th Oct 2010 7:26 pm
yorkshirefreeler

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Many thanks Phil, I guess I will have to wait until I have the system to look at clearly. I'm worried that I wont know how to power it, although Im hoping that the 12volt socket could be the answer.

A second question is about where I may find a remote control unit for it. Im worried that LR OEM ones will be super-expensive. Does anyone know where I might find an alternative supplier?

Thanks again

Post #78878 21st Oct 2010 5:24 pm
WALLO

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

HELLO PAL, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT USING THE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM. YOUR DVD PLAYER WILL HAVE TO BE CONNECTED VIA THE THREE JACK PLUGS (RED,WHITE,YELLOW). THEN YOU MUST CONNECT YOUR CHOSEN DVD PLAYER TO A POWER SOURCE, EITHER BY A 12V LEAD INTO THE AUXILLARY SOCKET ON THE CENTRE CONSOLE, OR "HARD WIRED" TO THE CAR'S ELECTRICS..SEE AN AUTO ELECTRICIAN FOR THIS.
I BOUGHT A NICE DVD PLAYER OFF A FRIEND (HAD TAKEN IT OUT OF A MERC DURING AN UPGRADE), BUT IT DIDN'T COME WITH A REMOTE CONTROL....IT'S USELESS, AND WILL NOT PLAY A DVD..SEEMS TO THINK EVERYTHING IS OVER THE PARENTAL CONTROL SETTING, SO I GET A BIG "HAND" EVERYTIME I TRY TO PLAY FROM TITLE MENU.
I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT YOU CAN GET A 12V LEAD FOR THE PS2 FOR £9, WHICH SHOULD WORK WELL AS A DVD PLAYER THE PS2 ONLY NEEDS 7.5V ANYWAY, HENCE THE TRANSFORMER IN LINE ON THE STANDARD POWER LEAD.
HOPE YOU HAVE MORE LOOK THAN ME..

WALLO Confused WALLO.....
BE GOOD......IF NOT BE CAREFUL!

Post #80570 12th Nov 2010 9:41 pm
WALLO

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black

AND FURTHER MORE....
IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF A SUPPLIER OF "VIETA" PRODUCTS, WHERE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SOURCE A REMOTE CONTROL...? WALLO.....
BE GOOD......IF NOT BE CAREFUL!

Post #80571 12th Nov 2010 9:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1