Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Wanted. full set of triple sport or similar alloys and tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
neilb

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Wanted. full set of triple sport or similar alloys and tyres

As the title says, looking for a set of new wheels and tyres, seen ebay ads at around £700 Sad for triple sports and cross contact tyres, But i have £600 to spend at the moment so anyone want a quick cash sale please reply.
Will travel a couple of hours from sth yorks to collect.

thx

Post #77890 7th Oct 2010 6:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue

I suggest you get in touch with Duckworth Land Rover. I got a set of 19" triple sports (with Conti tyres) from their Market Rasen branch this year for less then £600 - brand new & still in the wrappers. Duckworth currently have them on their parts website at £595+vat but were happy to a (v.good) deal when I asked.

Post #77911 7th Oct 2010 7:54 pm
neilb

donny wrote:
I suggest you get in touch with Duckworth Land Rover. I got a set of 19" triple sports (with Conti tyres) from their Market Rasen branch this year for less then £600 - brand new & still in the wrappers. Duckworth currently have them on their parts website at £595+vat but were happy to a (v.good) deal when I asked.

Hi
They were one of my first to contact, They have them at £690 wether i buy direct or on Ebay. They wont budge on price. Shocked

Post #77937 8th Oct 2010 6:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue

Hi, their response seems odd. In that, selling via ebay they attract listing and final value fees then paypal commission - all adds up. If you tootle along with card/cash in hand then they don't. I seem to recall Duckworths sold quite a few sets of triples to forum members (including me Smile )for around £600 (and shadows for more). Maybe you talked to the wrong chap so I would try again. When I went they had loads in a container and wanted shut of them.

Also worth giving Matford Land Rover a call. They were doing sets of triples for £500 or so recently. They are down in Exeter but will ship to you for about £40. Expect they will do a deal if they have any left.

Alternatively you can buy off ebay (some on there now for £560 per set) and then get them couriered up to you. Costs about £35 as four parcels via parcel2go.com (DHL econ service).

Best of luck

Post #77939 8th Oct 2010 7:12 am
AVE

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Martinique Blue

I've just bought a set from Duckworths. Put them on the car today... looks Cool

Post #77961 8th Oct 2010 3:52 pm
neilb

donny wrote:
Hi, their response seems odd. In that, selling via ebay they attract listing and final value fees then paypal commission - all adds up. If you tootle along with card/cash in hand then they don't. I seem to recall Duckworths sold quite a few sets of triples to forum members (including me Smile )for around £600 (and shadows for more). Maybe you talked to the wrong chap so I would try again. When I went they had loads in a container and wanted shut of them.

Also worth giving Matford Land Rover a call. They were doing sets of triples for £500 or so recently. They are down in Exeter but will ship to you for about £40. Expect they will do a deal if they have any left.

Alternatively you can buy off ebay (some on there now for £560 per set) and then get them couriered up to you. Costs about £35 as four parcels via parcel2go.com (DHL econ service).

Best of luck

that is exactly what i said to them Ebay fees etc would be a fortune etc and offered cash n collect direct sale but they said it did not matter wether ebay sale of direct cash sale they want £690 Shocked

Post #77970 8th Oct 2010 6:01 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Look at eBay Item No. 180560278532 Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77972 8th Oct 2010 6:24 pm
neilb

npinks wrote:
Look at eBay Item No. 180560278532 Thumbs Up

I had seen them, but i am positive the description has been changed, i was watching one which described them as been slight seconds (few scratches etc) could have sworn it was this one Confused

Post #77975 8th Oct 2010 6:54 pm
ad210358

England 

No, different seller, I saw the one you mentioned and they were also selling a good set too, but it was an LR dealer not a private seller.
The ones that NP has found are out of your two hour area but it has been known for certain members to travel a fair distance for a set of wheels and tyres, even going as far as putting the wheels and tyres up in a Hotel for the night Whistle

Post #77983 8th Oct 2010 7:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1