« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > For Sale - 17 inch XS/SE spare wheels with tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ptecuk

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red
For Sale - 17 inch XS/SE spare wheels with tyres

On my 2007 SE TD4 I have just replaced the original set of wheels and tyres with a set of nearly new. I have kept one alloy with tyre as a spare for myself hence I now have for sale 3 alloys/tyres together with the one original unused full size steel spare. They are cluttering up my garage so would like to get rid of them. Details:

3 No - 17 inch 5 split spoke XS/SE alloys with Conti 235/65/17 tyres, legal with more than 2 mm of tread with even wear. Rims unmarked and in excellent condition. Balanced. No centre cap inserts. My gallery shows only 2 of them but all 3 are similar. £40 each ono.
1 No - Unused, as new 17 inch steel spare with Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather 235/65/17, 104V, with 8mm tread. £75 ono (tyre alone costs more than £120 to buy)
Cash on collection from Midlands. Please PM if interested.

Post #77489 2nd Oct 2010 1:10 pm
ptecuk

No response. Am I asking for too much or should I try ebay?

Post #77774 5th Oct 2010 9:12 pm
donny

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue

I would definitely try Ebay - but selling as singles for people to buy as full size spares. Recent sales indicate you may get around what you are looking for. Plus shipping one wheel/tyre is not too expensive (around £10-£15) so people will pay it and it widens your market.

Some feedback regarding price of sets - I bought my 17" winter spares (for D3 and FL2) as sets of four and have never paid more than £80 a set including tyres - just biding my time and waiting for local sets to go unsold on ebay and then making a cheeky offer. Usually taken as people want them out of the way and shipping a set is a pain. The market for 17" wheels seems to be fairly limited to those wanting rims to fit off-road or winter tyres. Being a bit over ambitious when I was looking for D3 wheels - I ended up with an extra two sets of 17s some while ago but managed to sell them all as singles and made a few bob along the way Very Happy
Best of luck

Post #77782 5th Oct 2010 9:31 pm
ptecuk

Thanks for that donny. Useful feedback. I must take the plunge and try and get familiar with selling on Ebay. Seems a bit daunting for the unitiated.

Post #77784 5th Oct 2010 9:45 pm
donny

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Izmir Blue

If it bothers you too much then let me take them off your hands for free - always happy to help my fellow Land Rover owner with a problem Arrow

and then I will sell them Very Happy

Only joking - best of luck - Ebay is dead easy - I have used parcel2go.com (DHL service) to ship single wheels/tyres (and lots of other things) - currently £6.99+vat and it has proved super reliable. Thumbs Up

Post #77787 5th Oct 2010 9:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1