« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FREELANDER 2 2.2 Td4 Auto Sport LE 5dr - Features
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kyriacos83

Cyprus 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black
FREELANDER 2 2.2 Td4 Auto Sport LE 5dr - Features

Hi guys, i am a new owner of a FREELANDER 2 2.2 Td4 e Sport LE 5dr and i want to check if i bought the correct car.

I have my car three weeks now and i am very satisfied with its performance. But I want to check something about its features.

I am wondering if this model (special edition) has a standard features specified from the factory or each country can have different features?

Does anyone knows the features of Cyprus FREELANDER 2 2.2 Td4 e Sport LE 5dr?

Post #69932 4th Jun 2010 10:08 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi,

Each Country can specify different features.

As an example my Dicscovery 2 XS bought in Cyprus was a higher specification than a Discovery 2 XS bought in the UK at the same time.

As far as I am aware Sport LE is not on sale in the UK.

Post #69937 4th Jun 2010 11:25 am
kyriacos83

Maybe for other models the features are different in each country. I am just asking only for the specific model (Freelander 2 2010 Sport Limited Edition).
The dealer here in Cyprus told me that the features of this model are standard from the factory and that I can’t put anything extra. My car does not have Bluetooth integration. As i found in the internet, in other countries this feature is standard for this special edition model.
Anyone who knows something about this? FREELANDER 2 2.2 Td4 Auto, Sport LE 5dr
Santorini Black

Post #69939 4th Jun 2010 11:57 am
Junior

England 

kyriacos83 wrote:
Maybe for other models the features are different in each country. I am just asking only for the specific model (Freelander 2 2010 Sport Limited Edition).
The dealer here in Cyprus told me that the features of this model are standard from the factory and that I can’t put anything extra. My car does not have Bluetooth integration. As i found in the internet, in other countries this feature is standard for this special edition model.
Anyone who knows something about this?

I had read that bluetooth was now standard across the range of uk FL2's, However Certain extras-(maybe not the full list) can be added to the sport LE-I have seen two side by side, same colour etc. in a dealers and one had factory priv glass and one did not-he maybe meant that he only has access to standard spec sport LE's that are already manufactured and shipped to Cyprus??

Post #70001 5th Jun 2010 12:15 am
vibecy

Cyprus 

Hi kyriako and welcome to the forum!

I ordered in the FL2 Sport LE in November from Pilakoutas dealership. As addons, I ordered it with privacy glass + front parking sensors as extras, and retrofitted OEM (Original) armrests using the custom armrest base (more details coming soon) and a GPS/Multimedia unit. For the GPS unit please see here http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic3974.html

p.s. Bluetooth integration was not an option as we have the Standard, non-MP3 playing units with our FL2 and no upgrade is applicable. This can be remedied by the GPS unit I mentioned earlier, as it provides bluetooth integration and works pretty well.

Feel free to ask any more questions, and enjoy the FL2 Smile

vibecy

Post #70016 5th Jun 2010 2:19 pm
kyriacos83

Hi Vibecy

Thanks a lot for the information. Now i am feeling much better that the features of my car, are those that the factory gives for Cyprus. Very Happy
The specific GPS/Multimedia unit (Chele) is a solution that the salesman, at Pilakoutas dealership suggested me when was ordering my car. About four months now i am trying to figure out if this is a good product!

How satisfied you are with it?

Does Pilakoutas dealership cover this unit under the car’s warranty?

What was the whole cost to you (purchase and instalment)? FREELANDER 2 2.2 Td4 Auto, Sport LE 5dr
Santorini Black

Post #70023 5th Jun 2010 3:53 pm
Junior

England 

Never in a million years would a UK LR dealer recommend this unit and would probably even try and void your warranty for good measure, UK dealers will not condone any aftermarket modifications that aren't in the official accessories catalogue, even retro fitting L/R OEM mods is a no-no due to the can-bus system.

Post #70046 6th Jun 2010 1:17 am
vibecy

Cyprus 

Kyriako,

After sorting out some problems I had with the unit initially, I am very very satisfied. It gives the car a whole new toy to play with Very Happy

Im on holiday leave tomorrow Monday, I will come by the Dealership in the morning to get some pictures of the armrest base, so we can meet there if you want to have a look. I am sending you my telephone number via a private message now.

About the warranty - kyriakos,Junior,

This was one of my major concerns whether the GPS Unit voided the warranty or not. The salesman + technical officer at LandRover reassured me that they contacted LR UK and confirmed that it does not void the warranty, and I can also get the above statement in a written, official LR CY response as a warranty. So that pretty much covers me as it's official written statement.

Besides the unit connects via RCA AUX In to the Audio unit, the GPS System uses just one antenna receiver. It doesn't affect any other electronics whatsoever.

The same statement applies for the OEM Retrofit Armrest base.

I will try to post some videos/pictures of both the GPS Unit in operation and the Armrest base. I just need to find some time to do so. Smile

Regards,
vibecy

Post #70052 6th Jun 2010 9:11 am
jazzdude

vibecy wrote:
Kyriako,

After sorting out some problems I had with the unit initially, I am very very satisfied. It gives the car a whole new toy to play with Very Happy

Im on holiday leave tomorrow Monday, I will come by the Dealership in the morning to get some pictures of the armrest base, so we can meet there if you want to have a look. I am sending you my telephone number via a private message now.

About the warranty - kyriakos,Junior,

This was one of my major concerns whether the GPS Unit voided the warranty or not. The salesman + technical officer at LandRover reassured me that they contacted LR UK and confirmed that it does not void the warranty, and I can also get the above statement in a written, official LR CY response as a warranty. So that pretty much covers me as it's official written statement.

Besides the unit connects via RCA AUX In to the Audio unit, the GPS System uses just one antenna receiver. It doesn't affect any other electronics whatsoever.

The same statement applies for the OEM Retrofit Armrest base.

I will try to post some videos/pictures of both the GPS Unit in operation and the Armrest base. I just need to find some time to do so. Smile

Regards,
vibecy

I am also about to buy a Freelander 2 LE Sport

Having used this unit for a while do you think it was worth it and would you recommend it. Did Pilakoutas fit it for you and what did they charge.

It would be good if this unit does what it says on the tin because in this day and age it is daft that a 35K car should have such a rubbish in car entertainment system as standard.

Did you also get the Sygic maps to work in Cyprus.

Post #77169 29th Sep 2010 12:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1