Home > General > Life after warranty!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
geordiedancer71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver
Life after warranty!

Advice needed....

Just below the windscreen on my FL2 there is a piece of plastic that runs along the bottom, this bellowed out, leaving a 5 inch gap for water to get in
Now i had this replaced under warranty about 6 months or so ago.
Just polished the car yesterday and noticed it has bellowed out again.

so my question is, will this be covered again, or will it have to be replaced out of my own pocket, now that i am 3 months out of warranty?

Cheeaz Very Happy Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #71098 26th Jun 2010 8:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

dealer work/replacement parts should be guaranteed for 12 mths what ever the age of the car. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #71100 26th Jun 2010 8:34 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I believe that it will only be covered until the end of warranty

But if you paid anything from £0.01 towards the cost then you get 12 months Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #71101 26th Jun 2010 8:35 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

npinks wrote:
I believe that it will only be covered until the end of warranty

But if you paid anything from £0.01 towards the cost then you get 12 months Whistle

yes I agree that this is the case, I had work done on my Disco under warranty and was told that it was only covered until the end of the warranty period.

Iain

Last edited by iain cooper on 5th Jul 2010 9:13 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #71169 28th Jun 2010 9:07 am
lr2boy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

I am pretty sure your dealer is responsible. Talk to them - if you get a negative response refer the matter to your local Trading Standards people. You might also threaten to report the dealer to Land Rover as they won't be too pleased that their dealers are doing shoddy work - warranty or not!

Post #71176 28th Jun 2010 1:46 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I had this with a windscreen replaced by one of the Windscreen companies. I drove the car for over a year!! Couldn't work out why the car was misting up after rain. Cleaned it after a down pour, took out the car mat and the carpets were soaking wet.

Took it to the dealers who showed me the problem, there was a gap in the seal, about 3 inches on the drivers side.

Took it back with the invoice for the work and although they tried to wriggle out of it I pointed out that the job had not been completed satisfactorily in the first place and was therefore "not fit for purpose". They have no choice but to rectify and there is no timescale. Look at the sale of goods act, it is all in there. Very Happy Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #71177 28th Jun 2010 2:02 pm
7Iron

Wales 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Typically with any warranty repair any parts replaced retain the identity of the original part, which means that the warranty will expire at the original time, (3 years from date of registration) regardless of when any part was replaced. Anything further than this would be a consideration under "Policy" or Goodwill, which as it says is a gesture of goodwill and not a legal requirement.

However as said earlier if you have made any payment towards a repair then there is a 12 month warranty from the dealer that goes along with it.

Post #71509 4th Jul 2010 9:19 pm
muddywheels

England 

My FL1 LR warranty ran out 31st May but had creak on clutch looked at in May before warranty expired.

Now struggling with gear selection and being told not covered and will cost about £1000 for repair due to leaking hydraulics! Shocked

I have been a loyal LR supporter for 10 years (just bought a MY2010 RRS last week) so feel pretty upset - only 3 years old and 29k miles so think reliability is an issue Crying or Very sad

Poor show LR Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #71550 5th Jul 2010 3:46 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

muddywheels wrote:
My FL1 LR warranty ran out 31st May but had creak on clutch looked at in May before warranty expired.

Now struggling with gear selection and being told not covered and will cost about £1000 for repair due to leaking hydraulics! Shocked

I have been a loyal LR supporter for 10 years (just bought a MY2010 RRS last week) so feel pretty upset - only 3 years old and 29k miles so think reliability is an issue Crying or Very sad

Poor show LR Evil or Very Mad

My understanding was that if something was investigated prior to the warranty running out, not properly repaired it was still covered by the warranty as the issue was already known to them. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #71551 5th Jul 2010 3:59 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

muddywheels wrote:

yes I would agree this is a poor show and I certainly would not be a happy chappy.

Iain

Post #71552 5th Jul 2010 4:26 pm
muddywheels

England 

xtattsbox wrote:
My understanding was that if something was investigated prior to the warranty running out, not properly repaired it was still covered by the warranty as the issue was already known to them.

I agree - my Stealer not being very helpful so trying different dealer in hope they can help and gain my custom Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #71554 5th Jul 2010 5:09 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Mine has been out of warranty since December 09. I had one key fail within 3 weeks, and LR paid some dollar towards it, now the other key is playing up.

But other than this, it's been perfect. (Touches wood quickly!!) Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #71558 5th Jul 2010 6:54 pm
ad210358

England 

xtattsbox wrote:
muddywheels wrote:

My understanding was that if something was investigated prior to the warranty running out, not properly repaired it was still covered by the warranty as the issue was already known to them.

I agree with xattsbox, as long as you reported it before the warranty expires you should be ok. I once has a gearbox done like this, I reported the fault three weeks before the warranty expired and was told nothing wrong with it the TD5 gearbox is normally like that, funny but it was not like it when new but anyway three months later it went big time and to be fair to LR they just fitted a new gearbox with no quibble. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #71564 5th Jul 2010 8:45 pm
muddywheels

England 

LR have now agreed a 50% contribution to repair of clutch with help from Stratstone Hull - turned out to be master cylinder so only cost me £85 (Total Bill was £175 not £1000 as feared) Very Happy

Armstrong Massey York dealt with earlier clutch problem under warranty but refused to help now despite years of loyal custom so will be going to Stratstone from now on. Crying or Very sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #73317 4th Aug 2010 9:51 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I moved my business to Farnell in Leeds due to Armstrong Massey when i took my car in to them, they couldn't find a fault, which was still aparent within 10seconds when i collected the car

When serviced at Farnells Leeds, it was done without problems and when i was chatting to a tech there yesterday he said the fix has been around for quite a while on the LR computer system

its as if AM can't be bothered with warranty work and I guess its the reason why my 1st FL2 went back to them for the same thing time after time Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #73320 4th Aug 2010 10:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>